The Wedding Thread

NurembergVillan

Does anyone want to marry me?

can you cook?

will you do the supermarket run on your own?

do you consider driving for 2 hours, watching other people play football then driving back for 2 hours a good use of a Saturday?

if there is a space available in the conservatory do you think of: a nest of tables / a bunch of sticks n twigs in a pot that costs £45 / drum kit?  

Does anyone want to marry me?

can you cook?

will you do the supermarket run on your own?

do you consider driving for 2 hours, watching other people play football then driving back for 2 hours a good use of a Saturday?

if there is a space available in the conservatory do you think of: a nest of tables / a bunch of sticks n twigs in a pot that costs £45 / drum kit?  

Yes

Yes

Yes as long as I can watch the match.

Drum kit.

• Like 1

I thought the wedding day blues was a myth but I have to say a couple of days after it I was on a right downer. Just the fact something you've planned and looked forward to for so long is now over. I don't think it helped getting married abroad, we stopped at a venue with around 40 family members and a few days after the wedding everyone had gone their separate ways and we we're just in this huge venue on our own.

I think its good leaving it a few weeks with pictures. I know I'm really looking forward to seeing mine and the wait is adding to that.

You shouldn't worry about showing them they're very good. I'd love to be able to see a picture in my head and then capture it like you can.

We were exactly the same.  We spent the day after the wedding just by the pool at our own villa and I was really down.  Missed everyone.  There was a flurry of Facebook pics which was ace, but they've slowed right down now so we're just waiting for the real ones.  We hired a very good snapper so I'm excitedly waiting for them!

Tarjei - your pics are excellent too.  Your use of light and focus are really strong.

My cousin is getting married later in the year, and he's (well his wife to be, I suspect) only gone and booked it on a day the Villa are at home! Obviously they didn't know this until today, but still. Never get married during the football season.

• Like 1

Everyone should be breathing a sigh of relief that it's one game they absolutely don't have to go to.

A day of happiness and free booze, or 90 mins of depressing shite?  The bells are ringing...

Edited by NurembergVillan

I suspect you're joking, as I'm pretty sure you're as hopelessly devoted as most of my family, friends and I are. I'd love to have a day where I could switch off, and forget I follow Villa, but alas I'm certain I'll be listening to the radio through hidden headphones, while the service is on, and be relaying it to most of the congregation (including the groom). 

My cousin is getting married later in the year, and he's (well his wife to be, I suspect) only gone and booked it on a day the Villa are at home! Obviously they didn't know this until today, but still. Never get married during the football season.

Have the ceremony at 2, dinner at 7 and buy the whole lot a ticket to the game.

Imagine getting your wedding pics at Villa Park! Probably some good shouts from the crowd as to their poses ;)

I thought the wedding day blues was a myth but I have to say a couple of days after it I was on a right downer. Just the fact something you've planned and looked forward to for so long is now over. I don't think it helped getting married abroad, we stopped at a venue with around 40 family members and a few days after the wedding everyone had gone their separate ways and we we're just in this huge venue on our own.

I think its good leaving it a few weeks with pictures. I know I'm really looking forward to seeing mine and the wait is adding to that.

You shouldn't worry about showing them they're very good. I'd love to be able to see a picture in my head and then capture it like you can.

We were exactly the same. We spent the day after the wedding just by the pool at our own villa and I was really down. Missed everyone. There was a flurry of Facebook pics which was ace, but they've slowed right down now so we're just waiting for the real ones. We hired a very good snapper so I'm excitedly waiting for them!

Tarjei - your pics are excellent too. Your use of light and focus are really strong.

Completely new to me, this. It kinda makes me want to push on and get them done faster. I always give them a montage (like the one I posted) the day after and they get a gazillion likes when they post it on FB. I think that works out well for everyone.

Cheers, please share them when you do. Looked like a fantastic place.

I generally shoot wide open and it works very well for weddings, giving it that soft, dreamy feel. Very rarely do I plan anything and it always works out great. It's happened so often that I've planned practice shoots down to the finest detail, only to get stuck in the middle of it when something doesn't come out the way I had planned. So, instead I just just use my ideas as they come and locations as I see them on the day and in whatever light, and let the couple find their own magic (with the help of overly excited best mans and bridesmaids).

For my approach, I think it's important to be there the whole day though.. by the time the proper wedding pics are due to be taken, they don't even notice me anymore. Some guys are great at arranging and directing poses, and that's good for them I suppose, I just feel that whenever I try to control it too much, it becomes something that it's not. 

Edited by tarjei

There's definitely a natural feel to what you've done.  I think if you're able to be creative as you go then it helps.  I found that although you plan so much for a wedding the best moments are spontaneous, like when I was pushed into the pool or Thomas grabbing the bright pink "100% Brummie" and refusing to take it off - you just can't plan those and the photographer has to be able to spot it happening and capture it immediately.

We chose a photographer who has a very good documentary style.  We wanted to be able to capture the whole day and felt that was more important than just great posed shots, although we wanted them too.  A lot of Russian and Asian couple get married in Santorini and they want very typical, over-dramatic posed shots so many of the photographers there are geared to that.

With Vangelis (our guy) he's got a versatile approach to it all, and is also a very good landscape photographer which helps because of the scenery there.  He put together a colection of landscapes of Skiathos and Skopelos which were seen by the producers of Mamma Mia! and prompted them to film it there.  He was hired as the photographer to capture the behind the scenes of the film so he's got Piers Brosnan and Meryl Streep in his portfolio - and me too now!

Here's his work if you're interested to see - http://www.vangelisphotography.com/

Edited by NurembergVillan

Very nice, really liked his 'Getting ready' gallery. A lot of nice moments. As you say the best ones are not planned.

A bit surprised by the client access thingy, where you can download originals at 900x600px.. is that the biggest you get? So you have to pay for access to something you'd like to have printed?

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a mate who did that most basic level of checking when we were away on a little footy holiday. He'd had a couple of beers to say the least. Copped off with a very nice Portugese local and went off in their car with them. Once he'd received his oral treat his new best friend then rather spoiled the night by whipping out a previously hidden penis and telling Eddie (for that is his name), 'now it's your turn'.

Eddie was not happy. Especially as he had specifically carried out all reasonable security checks back in the bar by asking, 'are you a bird?'.

Presumably as this is the wedding thread Eddie and Ronaldo are now married ?

How does one get der hammer to go to your wedding?!

I've been friends with him for about 12 years, since around the time he was breaking into the Villa first team.

I met him through Puma, as I was working there at the time and we wanted to get him wearing our boots, so I was sent to meet up with him.

• Like 1

Â