Group H: BEL ALG RUS KOR

limpid

I think Belgium will walk this group. They are a team. De Bruyne will start if fit. I hope he regains the form he showed before this season. I think they will miss Benteke but Hazard can be a star of this world cup. 

I think the Belgian team is one of the best 5 if not 3 as individuals. But we still don't know how they'll do as a team.

I'd say only Germany I could say that is better than them, Not sure about Brazil nor Netherlands. Spain lack physicality and have a Villa type defence !

One of the best Keepers around, almost 3rd best back 4, + a very strong midfield with good strikers !

I play with them in Fifa, they are a physical team and also talented. Although in these cup tournments and specially national team you don't know who will perform his best.

• Like 1

Capello is on 9 million a year. He better get Russia to quarter finals minimum with that salary

Preferably at least the semis (I got them in the sweepstake!)

I think they will.

But they'll only get to the quarters if they top their group.

If they're second they'll play Germany who'll they'll lose to.

If they win they'll play whoever's second in germay's group. Up until yesterday I'd have said they'd still lose. But Portugal were woeful so who knows.

For all the talk about this new generation of Belgians, now is the time for them to justify the hype. The group is theirs to lose, frankly. I'd like to see them play some good football. 

Edited by maqroll

There has always been the culture issue with Belgium where players did not get on depedning on their background and their were lots of different cliques.  They have a very good unit now but I think they needed Benteke to do well at this tournament.  Still think they will make it to the quarter finals.

They've gone for

Courtois

Alderweld

Van Buyten

Kompany

Vertonghen

Witsel

Dembele

De Bruyne

Chadli

Lukaku

Hazard

I think their weakest areas are their fullback positions, they have (IMO) the best goalkeeper and best centre back in Europe. Witsel, Dembele and De Bruyne is a great blend through the middle of the park and Hazard is obviously a huge threat. They really need Lukaku to turn up, as said above, I think with Benteke they would genuinely have had a chance to go far.