Group H: BEL ALG RUS KOR

limpid

well he was on course to be England most successful coach win percent wise until the FA took over his team and stripped Terry of captaincy without his permission twice. Also a lot of the players needed his kick of arse approach which they didn't like as they were too precious especially in South Africa

Edited by Zatman

How? A good win percentage garnered from friendlies and qualifiers doesn't make him successful. When it mattered, in the World Cup, we were abysmal. 

How? A good win percentage garnered from friendlies and qualifiers doesn't make him successful. When it mattered, in the World Cup, we were abysmal. 

Yes Capello was a disaster as an England manager. He couldn't even be bothered learning English... 

well he was on course to be England most successful coach win percent wise until the FA took over his team and stripped Terry of captaincy without his permission twice. Also a lot of the players needed his kick of arse approach which they didn't like as they were too precious especially in South Africa

I agree to an extent.

I do think he was shit as England manager.

But his approach to discipline etc was badly needed.

I think Roy's approach is somewhere in the middle. Not as undisciplined as per Capello and not as strict as Capello, which is probably about what we needed.

Hopefully Capello was just a step.

Capello just went completely mental before the WC with his squad selection which I felt unsettled things...calling up SWP and bizarrely leaving out Walcott and getting Caragher out of retirement and trying to do the same with Scholes.

wheels were coming off and the players took full advantage, capello's face never fit, his wages were ridiculous and far too much was made over his strong accent lack of english, too many players saw that as a chance to do **** all

rooney for example, he was far far worse in SA and got away with it compared to the shit he's getting now

i think roy is getting a very easy ride from the rags compared to capello too, if capello was shoe horning an out of form rooney in to the team, as well as dross such as welbeck, they'd let him know about it

The whole squad was worse in 2010 and that is down to the manager. Tactics were negative and Capello couldn't inspire. I'm no massive fan of Hodgson but he seems to be able to get us to play better football.

Anyway, drifting off topic a bit! 

• Like 1

"Look! Russia are doing something! And so are Belgium", it's an improvement on ITV.

Lukaku, good player but not a poacher, not in the box enough and just dropping deep so the wingers have no one to aim at.
Lukaku, good player but not a poacher, not in the box enough and just dropping deep so the wingers have no one to aim at.

Agree with both points.

• Like 1