Group H: BEL ALG RUS KOR

limpid

Its not how you qualify its just getting through thats inportant. Belgium need to improve and they will.

I'm not so sure. I think this is what they are. Villaajax has a point, it's Belgium.

Too many good players. They have one of the best squads in the competition.  So many good players they can bring on to change a game. 

We seen it in world cups before. Teams that look crap in the groups can improve and do very well. Italy in 82 is a prime example.

Edited by PaulC

Not playing very well but still winning is usually a good sign of things to come. If things click in their next game then they'll go into the next round with momentum.

Yes and they will most probably go through as group winners and play Ghana or USA (Portugal) which they should win and then are in the last 8... This there only Belgium stuff is lame because this is the best group of Belgium players ever and they did reach the semis in 86...

• Like 1

It is a decent squad but the substitutions seem to be like for like and make very little difference. Think they will struggle against the top sides, but should make quarters

I would argue that the substitutions have made a massive difference in their two games. In fact they have scored all three goals...

Edited by PaulC

It is a decent squad but the substitutions seem to be like for like and make very little difference. Think they will struggle against the top sides, but should make quarters

I would argue that the substitutions have made a massive difference in their two games. In fact they have scored all three goals...
They have, but today they didn't really change th way the game was being played. It was merely the fact that hazard decided to put in effort and Russia tired. Edited by mikeyp102

South Korea

• 01 Jung Sung-ryong
  • 12 Lee Yong
  • 03 Yun Suk-young
  • 16 Ki Sung-yueng
  • 20 Hong Jeong-ho
  • 05 Kim Young-gwon
  • 17 Lee Chung-yong
  • 14 Han Kook-young
  • 10 Park Chu-young
  • 13 Koo Ja-cheol
  • 09 Son Heung-min

Radio 5 Live commentator: "South Korea have a very young team". 

Algeria are underrated.

Highest ranked African team in the finals.

OK the rankings can't really be relied upon, but I think they're being treated as minnows when they're really not.

• Like 2