The best way to fix FUT would be to scrap the Web app. The reason that the prices are so bullshit is because of all these companies selling coins, they've made scripts for the web app to buy certain items when they're listed below certain prices. Ever noticed when you list an item for pretty cheap that sometimes it's sold practically the same time you click the List button? That's why. I don't think losing the web app would be that much of a loss to the every day gamer that just wants to play FUT.

I have a really deep hatred for FUT. Not quite sure where it stems from but I passionately hate the idea of it.

I think part of it is down to it just being a cash cow, and another is that the developers seem to focus more on improving FUT than actually improving the gameplay. 

But I dunno, my hate for it runs deeper than that too, can't explain it. Genius invention for EA, for me as a consumer who just likes football, it sucks balls. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I think part of it is down to it just being a cash cow, and the other is that the developers seem to focus more on improving FUT than actually improving the gameplay. 

Sums it up nicely.

On another note, last night I had one of those games. You know the ones. The guy you're playing is clearly crap. It's obvious that you're better than him. But for some reason he beats you.

And not a lucky smash and grab. I mean he really beats you. This guy beat me 1-0, but he deserved more. But I was clearly better.

It doesn't make sense. All the stats are for him, but I KNOW I was better than him

I think part of it is down to it just being a cash cow, and the other is that the developers seem to focus more on improving FUT than actually improving the gameplay. 

Sums it up nicely.

On another note, last night I had one of those games. You know the ones. The guy you're playing is clearly crap. It's obvious that you're better than him. But for some reason he beats you.

And not a lucky smash and grab. I mean he really beats you. This guy beat me 1-0, but he deserved more. But I was clearly better.

It doesn't make sense. All the stats are for him, but I KNOW I was better than him

Probably one of those players who uses high pressure and turns all the aggression tactics up to 100. There's so many cheap tactics/exploits in the game it's unbelievable.

I think the thing which frustrates me when playing this game, is that you get punished for trying to play "football" and pass it around. One misplaced pass and it all it takes is a chip through ball and you're completely exposed, there's no way to defend it either. It's like the devs want it to be a game of basketball, just frantically going from one end to the other. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

So far (and I'm only into division 6 so far so it'll probably get harder) I've actually found possession football to work fairly well.

The guys who play high pressure make it harder to pull off, and you risk leaving yourself exposed by giving it away in your defence, but usually their high pressure means if you DO get the ball to your strikers they're often in plenty of space to make things happen as most of their team are pressuring in your half.

When I struggle is when I come up against a really disciplined defender, i.e. he never breaks his back line (which is how I try to play so I can't complain). I'm really bad at breaking down that solid back four if they're not prone to rushing out and are good at tackling

Yeah it's difficult when you play players like that. The key to this game (well, for me anyway) is to do all your defending with midfielders. I barely take control of my defenders unless i'm being caught on a counter attack. To attack people who don't move their defenders you just have to keep working it from side to side and wait. It's frustrating but eventually, they will make a mistake :) 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm the same. Playing with Columbia and do all my defending with Sanchez. Only time I touch my defenders is when there's no other option.

The changing player thing annoys me though. Often I'm chasing a player down with Sanchez and it will automatically change to a defender.

Also, I mentioned before I think that going into specific player tactics and setting your DM's attacking options to "Always stay back" helps.

And 2 DMs doesn't really work for me. Leaves a huge gap in the middle of the pitch which fast players can just run through!

Yeah I'm the same. Playing with Columbia and do all my defending with Sanchez. Only time I touch my defenders is when there's no other option.

The changing player thing annoys me though. Often I'm chasing a player down with Sanchez and it will automatically change to a defender.

Also, I mentioned before I think that going into specific player tactics and setting your DM's attacking options to "Always stay back" helps.

And 2 DMs doesn't really work for me. Leaves a huge gap in the middle of the pitch which fast players can just run through!

Ah, go to your controller settings and there's a setting called "Player Switching" (something like that), change it to "Air Balls Only".... sounds like you have it on Auto which makes it really hard.

Will take a little while to get the hang of, but you'll only switch player when you want too, unless the ball is in the air (crossing, corners etc)....  makes defending easier. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

That sounds perfect. I used to play like that on pro evo back in the day. Only changes player when you want it to.

Which did make it a bit tricky on long clearances, but sounds like "air ball only" should solve that.

Well if Fifa is anything to go buy the club should contact Juan Pablo Angel and enquire about jaj colleague Sherman Cardenas.

Awesome little player and cheap too. Best £3.2m I've ever spent on the game.

He's like a young nippier Benito Carbone

Â