I bought this back and I'm trading PES in. PES was really good this year but there is quite a lot of things wrong with it that can ruin your experience especially online. The passing and ball movement were all the best I've ever seen from a football game, but the tackling is poor and you score with almost all finesse shots.

Coming back to FIFA isn't fun after playing PES due to the speed of the gameplay and not as good passing, but weirdly I think it rewards you for skill more than PES does.

Since reaching division 6 I've noticed a huge increase in lofted through balls. People just spam it. 90% of the time you easily defend it but eventually they hit one and you basically can't defend it.

Also, I've conceded a few goals recently where my keeper has run out, is about to beat the striker to the ball, but just runs past it leaving a tap in. So annoying.

Show off.

How are people so good?!

I'm about 30-5-10 I think.

Haha ive been playin fifa years, my original record wasnt so good on this one but you just have to clock what your opponent is going to do, keep going in hard and winning the ball back to frustrate them , then be good at the other end and know how to score different types of goals. Ive brushed up on my FKs (can score them from very far out now using L1 and analog for bend), short corners (dribble past player that closes down your short one then scoop a ball over from the byline), timing of through balls is key (watch your quicker forwards make the run), and just have composure when finishing (finesse when in the box) will make u even better. Put it all together and dont throw the control pad when u let in stupid goals and you will feel invincible lol.

Saying that it will piss me off when i inevitably lose soon and ill be back down asda parting with another bullseye for a controller

I use Dortmund every time aswell. Give them a go

• Like 1

I started off as Dortmund but just couldn't find a system that I clicked for me.

I'm Colombia now through and through. Love playing with them. Their defence isn't amazing, but the front 6 are awesome.

Yeah they are good. I remember some dude risned me with that Ibarbo. So quick. Most annoying thing about this Fifa when you cant do a thing about a Lucas (PSG) or Sturridge running through your whole team. You try changing to the closest defender and by the time it changes he's already one on one with the keeper and you're right about bringing him out. Always ends up in a goal its hard to tine right when to close down the player whos through

I don't use Ibaro... food for thought :)

I just can't get my head around the kick offs.

If someone tries to run through my team in normal play then apart from the odd time I can defend it.

But if someone runs through my team straight form kick off they seem to just cut through them with ease. I've taken to just hacking them down as early as possible.

it's never been like that on previous FIFAs

If someone tries to run through my team in normal play then apart from the odd time I can defend it.

But if someone runs through my team straight form kick off they seem to just cut through them with ease. I've taken to just hacking them down as early as possible.

Yeah I've noticed that too. Particularly after I've just scored. It's almost like it's scripted to make the game more eventful (ooo controversial).

Most recent annoyances, the 30 seconds at the start of the game where the teams scroll across the bottom of the screen and, as a result, there is no radar. Utterly pointless. Nobody is reading that.

Also, the shadows on the pitch. Can you turn those off? I played a game against Schalke yesterday and they were practically camouflaged in the dark areas of the pitch.

Ibarbo is one of the top 3 strikers on the game purely because of his pace which is all fifa is about

The kick off thing is a well known glitch, your rewarded for scoring by the opposition running through your team and scoring lol

Also, forgot how soul destroying this is on single player.

Played a few games on a new career with Villa. **** me.

I've won all my games, but it's so **** boring. The AI is something that seriously needs addressing on FIFA. Single player is just not fun.

Despite all these moans I'm making, I am actually loving FIFA this year. It's a very good game, it's just littered with small annoyances that grate on me.

Â