Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

hogso

Yeah 10minutes was a bit of an exaggeration, apologies, I tend to do that a lot.

But, still, I think i'm just sick and tired of the COD mechanics and the added mechanics of double jumping etc felt very familiar to Titanfall to me. Had I not played quite a lot of Titanfall I think it would have seemed a bit "newer".

It just didn't feel very fresh to me, but I will admit it would have taken something very special to win me over as I'm tired of the series really. 

Edited by PieFacE

Yeah 10minutes was a bit of an exaggeration, apologies, I tend to do that a lot.

But, still, I think i'm just sick and tired of the COD mechanics and the added mechanics of double jumping etc felt very familiar to Titanfall to me. Had I not played quite a lot of Titanfall I think it would have seemed a bit "newer".

It just didn't feel very fresh to me, but I will admit it would have taken something very special to win me over as I'm tired of the series really.

Do you exaggerate a lot? Or was that one too?
  • Like 4

Do you exaggerate a lot? Or was that one too?

I just don't know anymore :lol:

• Like 3

Had a few games of classic and it's an entirely different game. It's a lot better not having to look in the skies constantly or worry about being shot in the back all the time. On the other side of things because the maps are intended to be flown around in they're nowhere near as interesting as they would be. Think this game is going to get an early trade in, back to Blops 2.

Edited by Rino8

Started the campaign and pretty much every new thing and the future setting had me thinking "wow this will be shit online" didn't even finish the level

Played 5 games online, surprisingly thought it was pretty good, the exo suit and the level design will take some getting used to but it was ok, felt a bit more frantic which is how I play anyway, think it had 1 bad game and that was momentum, awful spawn points and rubber bullets

I got it last friday and I enjoy it. I actually haven't touched the story mode at all yet, but I plan on doing that soon. Online is very fast pace, but once you get used to it, it's a lot of fun. Infected online is great. 

I have a bit of a rule to complete the story before going online. Finished the story Monday (which was really good) and then online last night. Really enjoying it, even the stupid 20ft jumping is good fun. Surprised how quick I got up to speed with the multiplayer, thought I'd be getting battered for weeks.

I've even found a gun that might be my FAMAS I had in MW2 to great effect. No idea what its called but its a 3 round burst semi auto and I'm really doing well with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've reached that stage again - to prestige or not to prestige?

You lose all your challenges, but for what? I'm tempted to stay at level 50 and go after 500 kills with a silencer rather than reset it but at prestige level 1

I've never quite understood it, on previous cod games you had prestige level only challenges but my understanding is there aren't any on this one?

And with the time I've spent on it now, it's not that bad as cod goes, got a lot of good maps but no great maps, the paladin is **** daft but other than that the score streaks don't ruin it, as for guns I do t think any of them are mind blowingly amazing, most of the shotguns which were infuriating before are now shit, I like the score streak options

Part of me says the single player is the worst for years and yet the multiplayer is the best

I had a game of domination earlier and I'll make the figures up but I had 24 kills 6 deaths about 6 each on captures and defends and I was the worst player on my team and it was a close game...

• 5 weeks later...

So my brother decided to buy this as it was only £25, so I bought it too to have a rip with him.

It's a horrible game. Truly truly horrible. Well, multiplayer is. 

Spawn, kill, get shot from behind, spawn, kill, get shot from behind. Map flow and spawn points are just awful for an online FPS. 

It's just so so boring. I really don't think the vertical side of it saves it at all, Titanfall was a much better game. I know they had to change something because COD was getting very repetitve, but this isn't the answer.

Wish they would do something ballsy like make it take much more than 2/3 bullets to kill someone. It's a game of who see's who first which requires no skill. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's not true at all really, the skill in Call of Duty is (and always has been) setting up the kill.  It's a game about chokepoints, lines of sight and making sure you are the guy who pulls the trigger first.  Map knowledge is important in Call of Duty as is being able to predict spawns so you should get better the more you play. It's why they can get away with giving new players the most powerful weapons and still have it feel like you are progressing when you spend time with the game. 

• Like 1

i think overall the maps are probably as good as they've been, no great maps but i dont think there are any real bad ones either, they dont seem to have any pointlessly big ones either or sniper / shotgun friendly ones, most of them have both tight and open areas, agree with what the rev says, play domination, find where B is and that's pretty much what CoD is all about

It has to be said that the team balancing sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. I've been on both sides and when your team is getting destroyed it can be extremely frustrating. It is the first COD I've kept playing online with for more than a few weeks though.

Disagree Rev. To me it feels like a game of run around in a cricle across the map like you're at a roller disco and shoot people who happen to cross your sights on the way. 

There's no map control which influences teamwork like in games such as Halo / BF.

It's a game purely based on who can bring up their sights quicker and press shoot the fastest. If someone sees you before you see them there's no chance of getting out of it because you just die so fast.

But I guess that's why it's popular and games like Halo aren't, COD is a very rewarding game to casual players because it's so easy to kill. The skill needed to rack up a few kills is absolutely minimal, whereas in games such as Halo and BF (at times) if you're no good you have no fun because the skill level needed to get a few kills is much higher. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â