Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

hogso

The trailer for it has been leaked - confirms it's set in the near future and includes invisible aircraft, exoskeletons that allow soldiers to leap tall buildings in a single bound, some Spider-Man style wall-climbing gloves, portable drones, portable cover, railguns, walking tanks, and hover bikes. The story seems to involve a PMC turning on America, which is lead by...Kevin Spacey.

A desperate attempt to claw back some creditibility in the light of Titanfall and Destiny? Blatent copy of the sci fi setting of both? Or genuine opportunity to inject some life in to the franchise?

Be interesting to see if there's a rebooted BF2142 on the back of this...although I suppose that would be viewed as copying these other games too.

Pretty evident that they're trying to replicate Titanfall in a few aspects. Daft tbh, they should go back to how CoD used to be, there isn't a WWI/II type FPS at the minute until Wolfenstein comes out.

It seems that rather than playing to the strengths that the series became so popular from, they're just trying to emulate what is popular year by year. Crappy money spin of a franchise now, I would compare it to the music of Jennifer Lopez.

Pretty evident that they're trying to replicate Titanfall in a few aspects. Daft tbh, they should go back to how CoD used to be, there isn't a WWI/II type FPS at the minute until Wolfenstein comes out.

It seems that rather than playing to the strengths that the series became so popular from, they're just trying to emulate what is popular year by year. Crappy money spin of a franchise now, I would compare it to the music of Jennifer Lopez.

Whilst I want an FPS like that I don't think CoD could do it anymore, they didn't make it big until CoD4 changed how the series worked. I'd like to see Treyarch do something that isn't futuristic/trying to be something that it isn't but it's unlikely.

Funny how Treyarch were the developers everybody hated originally.

Any game that is referred to as 'a franchise' is probably a once-enjoyable cash cow being pumped dry by executives who have no interest at all in games.

'Triple A' games are at the point where they're so damn expensive to produce that they can't risk failure as a flop can end a studio. You don't create original games if you want to sell to the kind of people who buy one or two games a year from the foyer at Tesco, you just keep polishing the same product and sell it by the shedload each year.

Edited by Davkaus

Who is looking forward to comments like " Yeah I had my doubts as well but this game is actually a blast" "oh wow mp is so fun" "just bought the map pack because I have a job, losers". Every time.

To an extent that may be true, but it seems like interest is dwindling (relatively, millions still buy it). I never bothered with Ghosts and while I bought Black Ops 2, I barely played that. There's only so many times you can sell people the same game with a few new gimmicks (FIFA excluded) before indifference sets in.

I've really not played much of Ghosts. But Infinity Ward game have been incredibly poor for a while now, every effort since CoD 4 has been crap. Sledgehammer are making this aren't they? According to wiki all they've really done is help IW make MW2 - not a good start.

I've really not played much of Ghosts. But Infinity Ward game have been incredibly poor for a while now, every effort since CoD 4 has been crap. Sledgehammer are making this aren't they? According to wiki all they've really done is help IW make MW2 - not a good start.

They helped make MW3, not MW2. I know I'm alone here but I still think of MW2 as my favourite despite it's obvious flaws. I can't put my finger on why but I had so much fun and put some many hours into that game, much more than any other COD game.

• Like 2

They helped make MW3, not MW2. I know I'm alone here but I still think of MW2 as my favourite despite it's obvious flaws. I can't put my finger on why but I had so much fun and put some many hours into that game, much more than any other COD game.

MW2 wasn't my favourite, but as game breakingly bad some of the problems in it were it was probably the most fun i've had playing a CoD. And I'm not really sure why.

I've wasted probably 60+ days of my life playing all the CoD games combined, didn't even bother with Ghosts though, won't with this either.

Edited by Rino8

That's even worse then. MW2 had a tonne of flaws and was a bad game IMO, but at the very least had a certain charm to it. Black Ops 1 was easily my favourite. MW3 was the worst of the ones I've played.

Looks like COD. TBF I really didn't think Titanfall would be any good but it was a pretty awesome game. Maybe this will surprise me too (highly doubt it).

Will not be purchasing it. 

• 5 months later...
Â