Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

hogso

Got it yesterday, and had a quick blast last night.  The single player seems quite good so far, really enjoying it.  Had one go at the multiplayer, and had my arse handed to me.  The mega-jumping around makes it all a bit random.

It's certainly better than MW2, MW3 and Ghosts - which isn't saying much, it just doesn't seem to hit the heights of the first Black Ops though. It seems a bit random at times, though maybe that's because it's quite different and there's a learning curve for a change. It's definitely fun to play, though.

It's certainly better than MW2, MW3 and Ghosts - which isn't saying much, it just doesn't seem to hit the heights of the first Black Ops though. It seems a bit random at times, though maybe that's because it's quite different and there's a learning curve for a change. It's definitely fun to play, though.

I can imagine camping being quite difficult, what with the ability to jump over 20 foot walls!

I would imagine it's about finding the lines of sight and holding them.  

Seems Sledgehammer want the sniper rifle to be used as a sniper rifle rather than the assault rifle which it traditionally has been in CoD titles of yore.  You shouldn't be thinking you can hit people leaping around every time, you should be posting up in places where you will see traffic coming around corners or out of buildings and getting your kills there.  This means it's probably harder to lone wolf as a sniper but, meh. 

Edited by The_Rev

They spent 3 years trying to make the guns more realistic, oh geez the game is the most arcady unrealistic backstabbing gimmicky pile of turd adding all that to a hateful childish community.

Edited by jasoncb

Only played the first few levels of the campaign so far, enjoying it quite a bit. It looks very good, it sounds fantastic (I'm really digging the Sony wireless headset) but I'm still a bit ham fisted with the controls so I'll wait until the muscle memory comes back before diving into the multiplayer.

Seems Sledgehammer want the sniper rifle to be used as a sniper rifle rather than the assault rifle which it traditionally has been in CoD titles of yore.  You shouldn't be thinking you can hit people leaping around every time, you should be posting up in places where you will see traffic coming around corners or out of buildings and getting your kills there.  This means it's probably harder to lone wolf as a sniper but, meh. 

Pretty much. People expecting to run and gun with a sniper on these are going to quickly find out they win zero gun fights. It's not like the MW games were the sniper is basically a one hit shotgun, SMG and assault rifle all in one.

I got £150 of reward points from Game through their virtual shares program, so effectively got this for free.  Only played Survial and MP, and I have to say its sooooooo much better than Ghosts.

I'm a big CoD fan and I've been buying them on release every year since 2006 but I just can't get interested in this purely because of the setting. Go back to WWII/Cold War/modern day please.

Edited by Mantis

Â