Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Interesting that a decent tactic in football that seems to be gaining in popularity has been borrowed from Rugby - kick it into touch. If you kick it long up the flanks, it doesn't matter if you don't hit someone as long as you get it as high up the pitch as possible. Then you can mark everyone from the throw-in and potentially win possession high up the pitch.

Territory will always be more important than possession, whether it's rugby or football.

• Like 1

Wonder if we will still have Lambert out chants at the end of the game!

Hope so. Even though we're now winning, we've been utterly shit for two seasons in a row and he needs to go! 

Seriously? Let the team enjoy the victory. Chanting Lambert out will have no impact on the decision to keep him or sack him at the end of the season.

• Like 1

Fans seem to be reminding Lerner of what Villa used to be like during his tenure.

Yeah, that's right, they're not just happy, enjoying safety, enjoying the match and celebrating. They're trying to subtly stick it to the owner.

I meant because of the Mellberg, Carew and Petrov chants.....

I knew what you meant, hence my post.

Fans seem to be reminding Lerner of what Villa used to be like during his tenure.

Yeah, that's right, they're not just happy, enjoying safety, enjoying the match and celebrating. They're trying to subtly stick it to the owner.

I meant because of the Mellberg, Carew and Petrov chants.....

I knew what you meant, hence my post.

Okie Doki.

Hope so. Even though we're now winning, we've been utterly shit for two seasons in a row and he needs to go!

Seriously? Let the team enjoy the victory. Chanting Lambert out will have no impact on the decision to keep him or sack him at the end of the season.

Errrrr?? Ref McLeish I think you will find it will!!

Errrrr?? Ref McLeish I think you will find it will!!

Errrr. I'm not disputing whether it will or won't happen. My frustration was with the "Hope so" comment.

Game has gone a bit flat now.

Good. I hope it stays like this until 90th minute. Will happily take a boring few minutes if scoreline stays the same.

Having the 3 at the back means we can pull the 2 FBs back and effectively kill the game.