The Careers/Jobs thread

Tayls

I think my manager is just worries about being seen to have poached all the staff. Like me he doesn't do conflict well and there will be a massive row but neither of us are employment experts and he's said he's concerned about legal blowback.

I'm leaning the same direction as you guys of "screw them“. Tell him I'm going but not where, he'll find out eventually no doubt and be supremely pissed I haven't told him though. 

I'm lucky enough to have two opportunities on my plate at the moment. One with my current company and one with a different company.

Need to make a serious decision next week.

I feel the new company might win. Money isn't everything, of course, but I have been given a couple of hints suggesting that what they'll offer me will be too good to turn down!

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

This thread being bumped again has just reminded me that there are jobs going at my place again.  £30k I think (possibly £32k) and a free tie.  Some other perks too.  Jobs located in town (Moor Street station) Stourbridge and Banbury.

Fuller details in the link, I'm not sure when the deadline for applying is but it's been advertised for about a week now so probably worth applying sooner rather than later if you are interested. 

Applying again.. 

Last time I got As in every test except for the rulebook trick question test which I got a D in and narrowly missed out on the final stage :( I have no idea how I could improve if I got through again but I'll give it another shot. 

• Like 2

I haven't had a single day off sick in 7 years with my current employer. I'm also waiting to here about promotion I'm pushing for. If I don't get it I'm off. I'm literally the most reliable engineer the compay has. 

7 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Applying again.. 

Last time I got As in every test except for the rulebook trick question test which I got a D in and narrowly missed out on the final stage :( I have no idea how I could improve if I got through again but I'll give it another shot. 

I've been working on the railway for nearly 20 years so if you've got any queries then I might be able to help. 

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

I've been working on the railway for nearly 20 years so if you've got any queries then I might be able to help. 

Is he allowed to wear shorts to work?

I'm pretty sure that's a deal breaker for Jono

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

:crylaugh:

"So, Villarule123, do you have any questions for us?" :)

"Yes, can I wear shorts? - and if I use a PS4 controller to control the train, will I buy any games with premium without intending to do so?"

:mellow: "erm.. no to both of those questions"

"Well.. it's good news about the controller.. but I really don't think I can wear actual trousers for a job.. In fact, I don't think I actually know how to put trousers on.."

:unsure: "we'll call you.."

• Like 4

8 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Same here, If there is two things i can learn anybody about the rail. 

Red Tape & Bull Shit :D

Edited by Kingman

Well, if you can pull a few strings and get some through roads put in at Beaconsfield station for these things to pass through then I'd be most grateful: 

qcW1d2B.jpg

Full four aspect signalling between London and High Wycombe would be lovely too. :wub:

Â