New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Process has been awful from the start. This was announced in June. Vast majority of fans still have no clue what sort of direction we're going in or what any of the options might look like.

Don’t worry. Eventually, something you feel strongly about will just happen to coincide with something that actually happens at Villa, and like me, for one day, you can almost pretend you’re empowered.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Don’t worry. Eventually, something you feel strongly about will just happen to coincide with something that actually happens at Villa, and like me, for one day, you can almost pretend you’re empowered.

I have no idea what this means but I am choosing to take it as encouragement 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

A lot of hands on hips outrage in so many threads, including this one!

It’s hardly outrage lol. It’s just people talking about the badge and the goings on about the badge change and lack of progress with it in the *dun dun dunnnnn* dedicated thread for it. The horror. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Please no round badge. We have a change to do something unique and modern, let's take it.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Right, but this doesn't sound like it'll be one of them

I'm not sure we could have a modern AND unique badge that also respects our history. 

If we rehashed the 80's round badge it would be more unique than going with something modern.

If we do try and go with something modern and unique it will get the "trashy", "looks like a Pro Evolution", "americanised" badge tag.

It really is a no win situation for them going down the round badge route.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not sure we could have a modern AND unique badge that also respects our history. 

If we rehashed the 80's round badge it would be more unique than going with something modern.

If we do try and go with something modern and unique it will get the "trashy", "looks like a Pro Evolution", "americanised" badge tag.

It really is a no win situation for them going down the round badge route.

That's why I'd rather we didn't. 

19 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yup, Palace is awful. Looks like Mothra attacking a taxi shed or something. 

😮 "Taxi shed?!" The amazing, magnificent, wonderful Crystal Palace built for the Great Exhibition of 1851 in Hyde Park (and then unassembled, transported by train to the area that is now called Crystal Palace and reassembled there) is not a "taxi shed"! :s🧐 😅

Edited by robby b
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, robby b said:

😮 "Taxi shed?!" The amazing, magnificent, wonderful Crystal Palace built for the Great Exhibition of 1851 in Hyde Park (and then unassembled, transported by train to the area that is now called Crystal Palace and reassembled there) is not a "taxi shed"! :s🧐 😅

Hey, there are some lovely cabs huts in England lol. I hear you. Point taken. The Crystal Palace is a wonder of the world. (But in fairness, you must admit the grandeur of the Crystal Palace doesn't really work on that badge, wouldn't you? It looks more like the sideview of a suspension bridge. The eagle is huge, too, disproportionate. Of course, English football badges aren't known for the verisimilitude, as Coventry's illustrates with its elephant carrying a castle (?) on its back as it balances on a giant football.) 

Coventry_City_F.C._logo.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1