$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Before Fulham were took over they didn't have years of getting worse and worse, extreme cost cutting and an owner who openly wanted out.

While it didn't work out for them I think a takeover significantly increases our chances of improving.

Just joined on here after watching over about speculation talk the last few weeks, but today heard something which i thought i could share. You can disagree with me all you want but the simple thing i've heard is that Merson has said we've sold to an American owner who he said will be announced actually in September and also that he was the one who wanted Roy Keane in and Lambert wasn't actually a fan of the idea. This has come through a friend who is close with Merson and drinks with him, alot. Again i know how this works with most people calling stuff like this rubbish, but this is no lie, we will just have to wait n see. 

Edited by OkoreLoveChild

Thanks for passing it on. I don't believe it though unfortunately.

Merson wouldn't have a scooby-doo what's going on at Villa in regards to takeovers. 

It's just not happening. Lerner's idiocy in announcing the club is for sale and saying his heart isn't in it any more makes me view him in a whole new light, I genuinely didn't think he could be that stupid. 

Just joined on here after watching over about speculation talk the last few weeks, but today heard something which i thought i could share. You can disagree with me all you want but the simple thing i've heard is that Merson has said we've sold to an American owner who he said will be announced actually in September and also that he was the one who wanted Roy Keane in and Lambert wasn't actually a fan of the idea. This has come through a friend who is close with Merson and drinks with him, alot. Again i know how this works with most people calling stuff like this rubbish, but this is no lie, we will just have to wait n see. 

so if this is the case this potential new owner must be giving out instructions of the future of the club. lambert has said there will be more signings after the world cup so is he sanctioning these deals or will they be freebies. we have had so many ITK comments now i take them all with a pinch of salt but the fact still remains the same we are not going into the season with vast investment and given our start with fixtures our confidence level be as low as it was at the end of last season. the players that are coming back from serious long term injuries need to hit the ground running and for the ones that didn't perform need to be stand up and be counted. i feel january transfer window will be too little too late as this means we end buying other clubs cast offs, we need new players with pre season and games under their belts to give a remote chance of even competing. so as this new owner in september he needs to get a move on and get it done before this window closes.......UTV

BTW welcome aboard m8

I have reason to believe that this is true.

Unfortunately that reason is desperation.

• Like 4

I have reason to believe that this is true.

Unfortunately that reason is desperation.

I would be more re-assured if it was someone closer to the club, but i'll hold on to whateveres around at the moment, tired of waiting now

I believe merson said those things. I don't believe Merson knows what's going on.

It would make no sense to delay an announcement till september.

This. Thanks for passing on the info but they just wouldn't delay any announcement. Uncertainty around businesses is toxic so it would be in everyone's best interests to get this all over with and announce a takeover as soon as possible.

I've still got a great feeling we'll have new owners soon enough. I'd just be surprised if anything happened in time for us to make significant changes to the team before the start of the season.

I think the boost alone would be worth a few points.

Yeah, that sure worked for Fulham :P

Good point. Goes to show a takeover doesn't guarantee survival next season.

Didnt do man city much harm!

There was talk on TBAR going a while back now of Merson telling people that we'd already been sold to an American and even on there people seemed to doubt it.

Just so frustrating not knowing anything at all not even knowing if we can be hopeful of something happening. Just wishing we'll get some positive new out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Assuming we can get relegated and then come back up again is a very dangerous plan. Sure some come back but there are a lot that don't. Much better to struggle in the Prem and rebuild within it..... plus for those of us that live in other parts of the world. Watching Villa on TV would be gone.... actually it has been torture watching recently so that might be an augment for going down!!

Relegation can never be part of a plan but if we have new owners with money and a long term plan then it wouldn't be a complete disaster. If we get relegated with Lerner still in charge and still no takeover that is when I would really fear the worst for the club.

Obviously all hypothetical as we may stay up regardless of who is in charge.

Assuming we can get relegated and then come back up again is a very dangerous plan. Sure some come back but there are a lot that don't. Much better to struggle in the Prem and rebuild within it..... plus for those of us that live in other parts of the world. Watching Villa on TV would be gone.... actually it has been torture watching recently so that might be an augment for going down!!

Relegation can never be part of a plan but if we have new owners with money and a long term plan then it wouldn't be a complete disaster. If we get relegated with Lerner still in charge and still no takeover that is when I would really fear the worst for the club.

You have to treat relegation as a disaster, until it happens. Otherwise, it'll happen all the more likely. Presently, it hasn't happened yet, so it's a disaster.

• Like 1

I believe merson said those things. I don't believe Merson knows what's going on.

Actually it would make a lot of sense to delay it, if the new owner was somehow able to sanction/fund spending in the meantime. The second we get new owners you can guarantee that selling clubs will bump up the asking price quoted to us for players.  At the moment we're seen as paupers and as such that actually puts us in a better bargaining position.

Saying that I don't believe it.

We have a squad that would get annihilated in the championship

Its very much a man's division and our kids would get eaten for breakfast

Imagine them having to play the likes of Millwall every weekend

• Like 1

Actually it would make a lot of sense to delay it, if the new owner was somehow able to sanction/fund spending in the meantime. The second we get new owners you can guarantee that selling clubs will bump up the asking price quoted to us for players. At the moment we're seen as paupers and as such that actually puts us in a better bargaining position.

Saying that I don't believe it.

I can't see it making much difference. If we started spending then clubs will realise we're not flat broke. Also by not announcing they're losing big numbers in season ticket sales and continuing to contribute to a fan base getting more and fed up Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

You have to treat relegation as a disaster, until it happens. Otherwise, it'll happen all the more likely. Presently, it hasn't happened yet, so it's a disaster.

Should always be prepared for a disaster.