$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

When you look at what abdulaziz1 has posted & the fact this guys nephew has been in Brum Plus looking at City & Arsenal's Stadiums. Is it too much of a conincdence?

Don't get me wrong I am grateful Abdul has an inside track elsewhere rather than these supposed ITKs, who have fallen by their swords. I'll be the first to admit, I've been called out on a few things in my time with people misleading me information. But I have a good few contacts now days & nobody within the UK knows anything about the takeover speculation.

Even the likes of SimonTee have been shot down recently, a guy who in the past, has 9/10 times been right with regards to speculation surrounding our great club.

I don't want to build my hopes up very much like I did with Bob. But what Abdul has been posted for us, just simply cannot be ignored. The guy has not made a song and dance about this prince, just giving us what he has heard. Many peeps in the past would have shot someone down for suggesting this prince, but I find his information creditable. The fact other Saudi users on Twitter etc have linked this guy to us as well, for me just seems to good to be true.

But lets see guys, still a long way to go but again Abdul, thank you for your information & keep up the good work

Edited by mini_beest

Prince of Pershore.

If that was a PS4 game, would it play like GTA5?

Some very interesting moments over the last 24 hours or so in this thread... Still have no idea what to believe or what to think as to what will happen to our club later this summer and next season. I'm a bit like that guy in the 'Airplane' film who gets caught up in all the telephone cables while he is spinning in his seat in the control tower.

As someone else said, it's great that we have the World Cup here to chill out and relax while the rest of our brain tries to stem the flow of angst and fogginess.

I''m not exactly excited about Saudis taking over to be honest. Would prefer Qatari's etc, more open minded. Far East or Westerners. Saudi is EXTREMELY strict! also not sure what it would/could do for our global image.

Yes Qatari's are flavour of the month in World football at the moment what with the whole bribery and corruption scandal over the World Cup and apparently cutting safety whilst constructing the stadia which has killed people?

Salt of the Earth those Qatari's?

As for Saudi yes they are because of their status as the centre of the Islamic World quite a strict place to the outside World but things are slowly improving. I won't expect to see stoning's or beheadings as half time entertainment at VP under Al-Baltan. 

• Like 4

The thing that encourages me about Al-baltan is his perceived passion for the game.  It seems that he worked hard and ploughed a lot of time and effort into making Al Shabab a good team.  If he could bring that to Villa with the right people around him (i.e. the right football people) then we could be on to a winner.

• Like 2

The thing that encourages me about Al-baltan is his perceived passion for the game.  It seems that he worked hard and ploughed a lot of time and effort into making Al Shabab a good team.  If he could bring that to Villa with the right people around him (i.e. the right football people) then we could be on to a winner.

First job is to sign a decent manager. What's his record in Saudi like for managers? Does he make decent choices?

Given the right situation and our PL status, I'm sure there would be considerable investment from the Saudi/Al-Baltan connection. I don't somehow feel that we would receive the same from any US ownership. They won't throw it at us, but I genuinely think the Saudis understand what owning a football club means in terms of minimal return.

Bring it on.....and Abdul deserves his own thread if true.

Given the right situation and our PL status, I'm sure there would be considerable investment from the Saudi/Al-Baltan connection. I don't somehow feel that we would receive the same from any US ownership. They won't throw it at us, but I genuinely think the Saudis understand what owning a football club means in terms of minimal return.

Bring it on.....and Abdul deserves his own thread if true.

Al-Baltan has ran a club for 5 years now as well I believe, which is good experience even if it is at a lower level than the Premier League.

His nephews blog that I posted talks about how his trip to the Emirates in London wasn't because he supports them, but because he wanted to see things differ compared to the Middle East.

These guys have learnt a lot and are still learning, still passionate about football.

I 100% agree with you that they will understand what must be done better than owners with no experience or passion for the game will.

First job is to sign a decent manager. What's his record in Saudi like for managers? Does he make decent choices?

If he's announced the new owner then i'd start worrying about whether he's any good at picking managers..

All we have so far is talk on a forum, no newspapers or any kind of media source even mentioning him.

The thing that encourages me about Al-baltan is his perceived passion for the game. It seems that he worked hard and ploughed a lot of time and effort into making Al Shabab a good team. If he could bring that to Villa with the right people around him (i.e. the right football people) then we could be on to a winner.

If he's announced the new owner then i'd start worrying about whether he's any good at picking managers..

All we have so far is talk on a forum, no newspapers or any kind of media source even mentioning him.

There isn't any harm in discussing it though, is there?

Well with all the rubbish the media have spouted over the past few months I personally think it's a good thing that they haven't mentioned him as they haven't a clue who is going to buy us.

Plus Ole Uncle Dougie was wittering on about Arabs buying us months ago?

I''m not exactly excited about Saudis taking over to be honest. Would prefer Qatari's etc, more open minded. Far East or Westerners. Saudi is EXTREMELY strict! also not sure what it would/could do for our global image.

Yes Qatari's are flavour of the month in World football at the moment what with the whole bribery and corruption scandal over the World Cup and apparently cutting safety whilst constructing the stadia which has killed people?

Salt of the Earth those Qatari's?

As for Saudi yes they are because of their status as the centre of the Islamic World quite a strict place to the outside World but things are slowly improving. I won't expect to see stoning's or beheadings as half time entertainment at VP under Al-Baltan. 

Not stoning's - but sure will be plenty of stoned people there trying to forget what does(n't) happen on the pitch!

• Like 1

I agree. I think it is very promising that KAB's interest in owning an English club originates from a profound study of the industry. Marry this research with his experience of building Al Shabab into a successful outfit over a long period, there is enough reason to believe Khaled knows what it takes to be successful. 

http://en.dawriplus.com/news/news=baltan-apologizes-shabab-fans.html

Al Shabab president Khaled Al Baltan has apologized to the fans on behalf of the team for failing to keep up with the leaders of the Saudi Professional League this season.

He told “Action Ya Dawri” that the they work day and night to raise the club in the winning ways.

He added that they weren’t lucky this season, promising better results in the coming rounds.

Al Baltan concluded by saying that the new contracts exhaust the clubs’ budgets and that the privatization is a sovereign decision and the committee did their job.

If Randy Lerner came out with - we weren't lucky this season, we'll do better next year - there would be a meltdown of seethe on here. 

• Like 2