$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If this comes off it will either be amazing or an absolute car crash.  There will be no middle ground.

This. An amazing car crash, possibly? We'd want to have a serious contingency fund for when the bloke has to help policemen and such with enquiries and that sort of thing.

6-8 buyers? wow. If that's true we are in demand. So people can see the potential of our great club.

If there were 6-8 potential buyers, then surely we would have heard something in the past week? It has been eerily quiet.

Hmmm a man who built his fortune on human suffering. Yeah I'll pass.

Eh?

Tevfik Arif - a former official with the Soviet Trade Ministry who has moved to the US to become a construction magnate and an underground head of a money-laundering network involved in financing terrorist groups in the Middle East and the former Soviet Union. Arif was arrested in 2010 for allegedly organizing a prostitution ring.

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2013/05/13/17780.shtml

Edited by mikeyjavfc

I'm intrigued by the sentence "Arif and his family are serious contenders.”  Good news about the 6-8 interested partys though lets hope they're serious players and not just time wasters.

Edited by useless

I have a feeling somebody found a dodgy Russian mafioso and made up a few bits of interest to watch this board research this guy to death. While they laugh at the crap we dig up and the horror and panic we throw over a yeung retread.

So, I'll foil his plan by not doing any research and not caring if he's a thug. I'll leave all the hysterics to someone else.

Doug's coming back? After all he made his fortune selling package holidays, can you imagine a package holiday organised by that cheap so and so :)

• Like 3

Eh?

Tevfik Arif - a former official with the Soviet Trade Ministry who has moved to the US to become a construction magnate and an underground head of a money-laundering network involved in financing terrorist groups in the Middle East and the former Soviet Union. Arif was arrested in 2010 for allegedly organizing a prostitution ring.

Ah, gotcha.

Is this the only link so far in a national paper?

There was a small snippet in Daily Mail yday and if you search the Doyen Group mentions investment in Prem League

Eh?

He was acquitted of all crimes in 2011 concerning prostitution with some paper having to write a rebuttal.

The stuff about him funding terrorists and such is from a site that talks  about deck of cards with Russian Mafia on the front. Is there any proof to this?

I'm not trying to defend the guy but would like to evidence before I throw him under the bus.

• Like 1