$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Can someone make up some rumours please? Bit quiet in here.. Would be nice if the club came out and said what stage we are in in the selling process.

Not a rumour though. But as I said here before, Khalid Al-Baltan (Al-Shabab FC former president) is interested in buying Aston Villa, He might be negotiating too. But I'm not sure how far he have gone with that.

The rumour about that was right, He is interested.

The story I read said he was just interested in a Premier League team but it didn't say Villa specifically. May I ask how you know he is definitely interested in buying us?

• Like 1

Can someone make up some rumours please? Bit quiet in here.. Would be nice if the club came out and said what stage we are in in the selling process.

Not a rumour though. But as I said here before, Khalid Al-Baltan (Al-Shabab FC former president) is interested in buying Aston Villa, He might be negotiating too. But I'm not sure how far he have gone with that.

The story I read said he was just interested in a Premier League team but it didn't say Villa specifically. May I ask how you know he is definitely interested in buying us?

Guess work I think

I asked someone who knows him directly. I think the story was that he's buying an English team (Not only a Premier League), But anyway he didn't give more informations other than that (although I understand from what he's saying that there is a negotiations and it began during the season not only now).

Just read Wikipedia on Al-Shabab. It doesn't list him as former president, appears current, nice development with the hotel and shopping mall, though.

I'm American enough to hope for an American owner, but villa enough to hope for the best owner, and if it's him, I'll be happy.

I think it would be great, (and a little funny amidst the doom and gloom) if randy is courting a Rich consortium and a Saudi consortium at the same time, and that's why he's not talking.

Birmingham shares suspended on the HK exchange today suggesting the club has been sold

Perhaps those lawyers in private Jets at BHX were nothing to do with us ?

I asked someone who knows him directly. I think the story was that he's buying an English team (Not only a Premier League), But anyway he didn't give more informations other than that (although I understand from what he's saying that there is a negotiations and it began during the season not only now).

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Just musing.......

If you were Randy Lerner why would you say nothing about the status of the sale ?

1. You really feel it is not the fans business and you dont even consider they should be kept informed.

2. You do feel they should be kept informed.

I personally think (1) is unlikely, so plump for (2).

If it is (2) why have we heard nothing..?

1. Nothing is happening and he doesn't think it would help us to be told nothing is happening

2. Something is happening but he does not consider it substantial enough to report, or the reporting of it may itself be damaging, or he is required not to report it - by other parties, or rules.....#

Now I have a fault of trying to be too positive, but I do feel that (1) is less likely.  After all, if you are the Club and there is nothing happening, isn't it obvious it would help keep people onside if you told them so.....yes they may be down about it but the more you told them of the efforts and the plans the better ?  I accept the possibility that people just don';t think that way but I think they would.

So, from a backwards sort of logic, the only time we would hear nothing at all, is when there was something !!

You forgot

3. Conventional wisdom in all business deals is to keep it out of the public domain for as long as possible. Too many things go wrong with the outside pressures that mount from 100 directions, when things are public. Just think if a buyer tried to decide on a sale based on reading the 100% certain and contradictory opinions on here. Plus rumors change values. The buyers, and sellers costs and resources change value when rumors of major expenditures and investments start.

Birmingham shares suspended on the HK exchange today suggesting the club has been sold

Lawyer plane left yesterday, down to Luton.

It has gone on to Naples this morning, so looking unlikely to be Villa related after all.

Sorry!

Nobody ever suspects the Canadians...

• Like 1

Lawyer plane left yesterday, down to Luton.

It has gone on to Naples this morning, so looking unlikely to be Villa related after all.

Sorry!

Cortese ?????

Have they been sold?

No they've announced that they've received a bid for 24% of the club.

I have been thinking about the much reported fact that a deal was in the works and it fell through. Let's act like that is true for a second.

I obviously do not know the inner working of hundred million business deal, but to my mind it could have fallen through for two reasons.

1. During due diligence the potential buyers found something they did not like. Our debt to asset was too high, the amount of investment needed was too great, they felt all revenue streams had been maxed out, etc. These are all just random shot in the dark examples, but something like that happening.

2. Randy's asking price was too high and they could not find the right number.

It seems more likely it was 2, and if that is the case perhaps the announcement is simply to drum up other offers. Once Randy does not find any, maybe he can go back to thw previous buyer?

I know this is probably just me being hopeful, but it does feel like a plausible scenario.

Just musing.......

If you were Randy Lerner why would you say nothing about the status of the sale ?

1. You really feel it is not the fans business and you dont even consider they should be kept informed.

1. Nothing is happening and he doesn't think it would help us to be told nothing is happening

2. Something is happening but he does not consider it substantial enough to report, or the reporting of it may itself be damaging, or he is required not to report it - by other parties, or rules.....#

Now I have a fault of trying to be too positive, but I do feel that (1) is less likely.  After all, if you are the Club and there is nothing happening, isn't it obvious it would help keep people onside if you told them so.....yes they may be down about it but the more you told them of the efforts and the plans the better ?  I accept the possibility that people just don';t think that way but I think they would.

So, from a backwards sort of logic, the only time we would hear nothing at all, is when there was something !!

You forgot

3. Conventional wisdom in all business deals is to keep it out of the public domain for as long as possible. Too many things go wrong with the outside pressures that mount from 100 directions, when things are public. Just think if a buyer tried to decide on a sale based on reading the 100% certain and contradictory opinions on here. Plus rumors change values. The buyers, and sellers costs and resources change value when rumors of major expenditures and investments start.

I don't expect Randy to provide a running commentary on the takeover. That said if things got to a serious stage with a potential buyer, I think we would get to hear about it.

So whos this Khalid Al-Baltan guy then? Google doesnt really tell me alot except that hes the charisman at al shabab. Sounds promising, hope your right! Seems that he have an in with the Prince aswell!

Just musing.......

Now I have a fault of trying to be too positive, but I do feel that (1) is less likely. After all, if you are the Club and there is nothing happening, isn't it obvious it would help keep people onside if you told them so.....yes they may be down about it but the more you told them of the efforts and the plans the better ? I accept the possibility that people just don';t think that way but I think they would.

You forgot

Personally i dont think anyone thats about to buy a club for £200m cares what a brunch of people say on the interwebs..

I have been thinking about the much reported fact that a deal was in the works and it fell through. Let's act like that is true for a second.

I obviously do not know the inner working of hundred million business deal, but to my mind it could have fallen through for two reasons.

1. During due diligence the potential buyers found something they did not like. Our debt to asset was too high, the amount of investment needed was too great, they felt all revenue streams had been maxed out, etc. These are all just random shot in the dark examples, but something like that happening.

2. Randy's asking price was too high and they could not find the right number.

It seems more likely it was 2, and if that is the case perhaps the announcement is simply to drum up other offers. Once Randy does not find any, maybe he can go back to thw previous buyer?

I know this is probably just me being hopeful, but it does feel like a plausible scenario.

The initial report was a deal would be done subject to us staying up. I wonder if that dreadful run[After the Chelsea game] made any investor realise just what a poor state we are in - 

I think the statement was at least in part to drum up interest - but at the moment nothing looks imminent...    

Have they been sold?

Seems like it's only a bid..

Just musing.......

You forgot

No I didn't forget, it it really what I meant, I agree - hence if something is happening that is when you would hear nothing...

Joint ownership with Blues anyone ? :wave: