$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

People on twitter shouting that Basel's manager has resigned and linking him with us.

if hes resigned to leave us - new owners must have major wonga

probably nothing to do with us

Like red bull?

AY LADS, AV I DISCOVERED SOMETHING HERE??????!!!!!!

I was obviously banging on about Joshua Harris the other day after the Matt Law link, well i checked his Forbes account on that day, did research on him and he had a consortium backing him. BUT HE WAS WORTH $2.9BN.

I've just looked again and as of today, with no red decrease on his wealth he's worth $2.5BN, has he made a large purchase maybe????http://www.forbes.com/profile/joshua-harris/ it's **** this guy i just know it!

UPDATED THIS MORNING!

EMBARGO AND HE'S BOUGHT US IMO

His worth wouldn't go down after buying Villa though, would it? He'd now have a new asset that would be part of his calculated net worth. The figures on Forbes don't equate to the amount of cash in a billionaire's bank.
Yes i know that, maybe he's transferred funds but has not officially had the club handed over yet? Bank of America holding the money for example? Who knows it's just odd for it to drop 400$m since march 2014 without forbes recording a loss? When wealth goes down it always has a red arrow with the amount, but it doesn't
Hope you're right buddy :)

You've done some great research and are basing your speculation on facts. Keep it up.

Cheers mate, he lives in NY too so very feasible he could be a rich associate of Randys and would also make sense as to why Lambert went to NY rather than Lerner coming her etc
Josh Harris is also the co founder of New York based private equity firm Apollo Global Management, LLC. Along with 4 or 5 other guys whose personal fortunes range from $2.5Bn - $6Bn they are also, I think, all Jewish as is Lerner, could be a factor maybe?!

That could be a pretty tasty consortium right there...

Oh yeah and AGM is listed on the NYSE... dun dun duuuuun

Edited by stewavfc
  • Like 1

Surely if Lambert gets sacked on Monday that must indicate a new ownership situation is not far off as I'd be interested to know the timescales of appointing a new manager? Lerner wouldn't go through the process of appointing a new one I'd imagine when he's selling the club and it would be silly anyway when the new owners could just sack him in a few months which frequently happens.

Hardly sensible is it? He didn't fly Lerner and Faulkner out for meetings to discuss Karsa and Culverhouse. The fact that he flew them both out suggests he had something serious to discuss.

How do you know that the investigation has been completed now and it has been found that PL was also found guilty and called to states to give his side of the story. could be he has been disciplined/sacked saving a pay off. Not saying its this but in all honesty there are numerous reasons we don't know about and it does not mean we will have a buyer.

• Like 1

Hardly sensible is it? He didn't fly Lerner and Faulkner out for meetings to discuss Karsa and Culverhouse. The fact that he flew them both out suggests he had something serious to discuss.

How do you know that the investigation has been completed now and it has been found that PL was also found guilty and called to states to give his side of the story. could be he has been disciplined/sacked saving a pay off. Not saying its this but in all honesty there are numerous reasons we don't know about and it does not mean we will have a buyer.

I never said the investigation was completed i just find it stunning that anyone could possibly think he flew them both over to talk about those 2 clowns especially with everything else thats going on. I'm not saying i know why they went over there but it just cant be for that reason imo. 

An interesting line from an interview artical with Josh Harris last month.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10807120&src=desktop

Forbes also valued the 49-year-old Harris' net worth at $2.7 billion. Harris and a partnership group bought the NHL's New Jersey Devils in August, and he refused to rule out the possibility of buying another sports franchise.

• Like 1

I never said the investigation was completed i just find it stunning that anyone could possibly think he flew them both over to talk about those 2 clowns especially with everything else thats going on. I'm not saying i know why they went over there but it just cant be for that reason imo. 

No problem, just trying to play devils advocate, every body seems to be hanging and analysing every comment looking for news. I just dont think it is possible that anybody not in the loop can know anything unless it be by deliberate means to confuse.

• Like 1