Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Apparently his cameo was due to Maisie Williams being a fan.

I'd be confident his cameo was more due to money changing hands rather than some mediocre actress who's on the show being a fan. That's the reason everyone is complaining. The scene was awful, completely unnecessary, added nothing to any plot line and as see through as a plate of glass. 

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I'd be confident his cameo was more due to money changing hands rather than some mediocre actress who's on the show being a fan. That's the reason everyone is complaining. The scene was awful, completely unnecessary and as see through as a plate of glass. 

Yep, it's as close as GoT can get to product placement

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I disagree, Imagine the scene exactly the same but finishes with Arya lopping off the ginger pricks head. Praise from all quarters. It's largely about the way it was filmed

That's my point. People don't like him so they'd have been happy if his head got chopped off. That's exactly what I'm saying.

And it's not largely about the way it was filmed. 

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The scene was awful, completely unnecessary, added nothing to any plot line and as see through as a plate of glass. 

How do you know?

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was just surprised the blackberry wine wasn't replaced by a bottle of heineken. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

How do you know?

Because I watched it.Can't imagine any of the nameless lannister soldiers are going to be repeat characters.

Edited by villa89

Just now, Stevo985 said:

How do you know?

Because whatever happens to that plot strand in the next episodes, Ginger Pricks involvement, singing a song, winking and saying this is a new one is utterly utterly irrelevant

Just now, villa89 said:

Because I watched it.

So you've just guessed that nothing related to that scene is ever going to come back in the rest of the season?

Is it not possible something might happen in the next episode related to that?

My guess is they're going to try and rob Arya or worse, and she's going to murder all of them, further adding to her new role as an absolute badass. 

That would be adding to the plotline. They just happened to have someone famous in the scene. Shocking stuff!

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Because whatever happens to that plot strand in the next episodes, Ginger Pricks involvement, singing a song, winking and saying this is a new one is utterly utterly irrelevant

"It's largely about the way it was filmed" 

course mate.

And yes, that's why it's a cameo. Richard E Grant's cameo was irrelevant to Arya's plotline in the last season.

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

"It's largely about the way it was filmed" 

course mate.

It's as if you've ignored all the explaining bits and concentrated on my dislike for him and his non-music

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It's as if you've ignored all the explaining bits and concentrated on my dislike for him and his non-music

You did it first ;) 

On 7/17/2017 at 10:54, bickster said:

Ginger prick alert!

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'd be confident his cameo was more due to money changing hands rather than some mediocre actress who's on the show being a fan. That's the reason everyone is complaining. The scene was awful, completely unnecessary, added nothing to any plot line and as see through as a plate of glass. 

Perhaps. But the show has a record of giving musicians cameos with little point. And I doubt either benefits much from it, nobody knew he was in it beforehand to get fans watching (if they don't already) and I doubt there'd be massive gains for Sheeran either.

And the story is it was a bit if a surprise for Maisie. Which doesn't surprise me too much, I know someone who has been close to the cast and the whole production is very much a 'family', I could see the producers getting him in as what they thought would be a cool moment and to give one of the more popular cast members' a surprise.

It's just a crap, ill judged cameo at the end of the day. They should have known it was a bad idea but nobody seems to have cared. They've made missteps before (various rape scenes).

Anyway, I'm done.

I shouldn't be surprised that VT's legendary grumpy old man attitude of "I hate everything remotely popular" has reared it's head again :D 

Personally, Sheeran's cameo raised nothing more than a "huh" from me. I was over it in 5 seconds. 

I find it bizarre that people let their hatred of someone effect them so much in this context

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Nobody has even said anything about Professor Slughorn's cameo. 

With the same plot! The Restricted Section of the library profe... Sorry, Maester.

Much preferred the Mastodon cameo last season to the Ed Sheeran one.

Bildresultat för mastodon got cameo

Nice for him thou I guess being on the show.

Heads up. Rumor is he'll be on The Simpsons next...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Product placement for what?

Trying to promote this unknown singing bloke to Game Of Thrones fans who were otherwise unaware of him,  or trying to get Ed Sheeran's fans previously unaware of the biggest TV programme in the world watching out of curiosity?

I'm not sure there's much cross-over in either of the above.

Â