Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

I'm sure Tyrion seemed pretty clued up about Danaerys when he was kidnapped and taken to her.

My impression was that people in Westeros know about her, but are probably underestimating her army and how "ready" it is.

My guess is the next season will feature them planning for her arrival.

1 minute ago, hogso said:

Maybe Bran will be the third dragon 'rider' and warg in to one of them, showing how far his powers have come. That would be pretty much the ultimate warg, to the extent there may be no going back. Perhaps he sacrifices himself. 

I've pretty much assumed Bran will control a dragon ever since he's been able to warg anything.

The repeated 'You will never walk again...but you will fly', along with his interest in and visions of Dragon's certainly suggests he will.

It makes even more sense when you consider, if memory serves, that  the vision of a Dragon flying over King's Landing was only a silhouette, shown from above. So it was in fact a POV of Bran whilst he was warging one of the Dragons.

Will he use it along side Dany, or against her? I still believe the threat of the White Walkers is such that all talk of Kingdoms and the Great Game will become small fry, at aleast for a while, meaning that pretty much everyone who is still alive will have to fight together to repel them.

In the process I'd also like to see King's Landing utterly destroyed, which would be a great symbol of the end of the 'Seven Kingdoms of Westeros' and the worship of 'The Faith of the Seven'.

Edited by hogso

7 minutes ago, hogso said:

The repeated 'You will never walk again...but you will fly', along with his interest in and visions of Dragon's certainly suggests he will.

But he wargs in to things that walk, that makes no sense. :P That probably is what it's supposed to suggest though, yeah.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

To give a bit of explanation why it's annoying to me... In my head, to get from Slavers Bay to Kings Landing is quite a big deal.  So if Varys can get from Slavers Bay to Dorne and back to Slavers Bay in about 30 minutes, then why the hell has no one got to Kings Landing to warn them about the **** Dragons which are flying about? Surely word would reach Westeros if it's that easy to get to and back from?  

I know it's all fantasy and I'm probably being picky, but I wouldn't necessarily want to see Varys travelling, I just dont want him to jump from 3 places in 2 episodes, it takes away the realism that they have built with the show. 

But he hasn't jumped from three places in two episodes. He went from Meereen to Dorne in episode eight. And then was collected from there along with the ships of Highgarden and Dorne at the end of episode ten.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogso said:

It makes even more sense when you consider, if memory serves, that  the vision of a Dragon flying over King's Landing was only a silhouette, shown from above. So it was in fact a POV of Bran whilst he was warging one of the Dragons.

Will he use it along side Dany, or against her? I still believe the threat of the White Walkers is such that all talk of Kingdoms and the Great Game will become small fry, at aleast for a while, meaning that pretty much everyone who is still alive will have to fight together to repel them.

In the process I'd also like to see King's Landing utterly destroyed, which would be a great symbol of the end of the 'Seven Kingdoms of Westeros' and the worship of 'The Faith of the Seven'.

My guess is that now that we know John Snow is a Targaryen he and Danaerys will join together after Danaerys has taken kingslanding and the final season will be the two of them (and their armies) vs the Whitewalkers. That may be where Bran is involved.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

My guess is that now that we know John Snow is a Targaryen he and Danaerys will join together after Danaerys has taken kingslanding and the final season will be the two of them (and their armies) vs the Whitewalkers. That may be where Bran is involved.

With Bran being so close to Winterfell now though, I think we'll have a reunion and Jon learning his true parentage before he meets Dany. So yes you would expect the three of them to be on the same side...but I'm not sure it'll be quite that clear cut.

Would you really expect them to be on the same side? Jon isn't merely a Targeryan, he's the true heir of Rhaegar Targeryan. Do you think Dany will give up her throne by acknowledging his claim? I think it'll take some encouragement by the white walkers, at least, I still don't think she's far off becoming the mad queen.

Edited by Davkaus

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Would you really expect them to be on the same side? Jon isn't merely a Targeryan, he's the true heir of Rhaegar Targeryan. Do you think Dany will give up her throne by acknowledging his claim? I think it'll take some encouragement by the white walkers, at least, I still don't think she's far off becoming the mad queen.

I genuinely hope and expect that it's not what I think.

TV shows would be crap if you could guess what's going to happen.

(That's why I don't watch those videos that Rev posts. I watched one and it was basically a massive spoiler. I mean it wasn't, it didn't reveal anything that definitely WOULD happen, but it analysed stuff so much that it correctly guessed what would happen down the line. I get the appeal of that, but I like just being a bit dumb to it all and letting it surprise me. 
It's also why I don't read "fan theories". They're either bollocks, or a spoiler. Neither interests me)

• Like 1

Sorry not sure if already mentioned but a pretty big indicator that Jon Snow is the prince who is promised when Ned Stark put Dawn down with all the blood on the bed - i.e. red falling star.

Dany's been mad from the start, she let her brother have his head melted off with the crown thing and she had that witch woman burned alive. And she kept vowing to take what's hers with fire and fury.

Do we actually KNOW that Snow is Rhaegar's son. As in based on what's been on the show?

We know he's not Ned's and is in fact his sister's, but was there anything in the episode that told us he was a Targaryan, or is that still a theory (albeit one that looks like it will be true)?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Do we actually KNOW that Snow is Rhaegar's son. As in based on what's been on the show?

We know he's not Ned's and is in fact his sister's, but was there anything in the episode that told us he was a Targaryan, or is that still a theory (albeit one that looks like it will be true)?

I don't think it's confirmed. It's been a popular fan theory (sorry :P ) for years. It looked all but confirmed, yet suspiciously they didn't let us hear all of the dialog that would have put the matter to rest. I haven't ruled out them throwing out a massive curve ball next season. GRRM doesn't like it when people guess where his story's going.Why have that scene, but just stop short of actually confirming what everyone thinks is true? 

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Dany's been mad from the start, she let her brother have his head melted off with the crown thing and she had that witch woman burned alive. And she kept vowing to take what's hers with fire and fury.

Locking that guy in a safe alive, and leaving him to suffocate in the darkness, as well.

She's got an evil streak when someone stands against her. When I say "mad queen" though, I mean in terms of going full Cersei. Dany will **** destroy someone that wrongs her, but she's kind and generous to those that haven't. I'm not sure how she'd take the news that she has a rival for the throne from her own bloodline.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't think it's confirmed. It's been a popular fan theory (sorry :P ) for years. It looked all but confirmed, yet suspiciously they didn't let us hear all of the dialog that would have put the matter to rest. I haven't ruled out them throwing out a massive curve ball next season. GRRM doesn't like it when people guess where his story's going.Why have that scene, but just stop short of actually confirming what everyone thinks is true? 

Thought as much. I explained it to my gf but when she asked "how do you know he's a targaryan?" I couldn't answer. 
That's one of the few theories I know of! I imagine that's the most famous one

I guess they had that scene on the assumption that people aren't aware of that theory. "Who is Jon Snow's real dad?" could be quite the mystery, if it wasn't for the fact everyone already knows.

Or maybe it isn't Rhaegar and they're **** with us :D

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Locking that guy in a safe alive, and leaving him to suffocate in the darkness, as well.

She's got an evil streak when someone stands against her. When I say "mad queen" though, I mean in terms of going full Cersei. Dany will **** destroy someone that wrongs her, but she's kind and generous to those that haven't. I'm not sure how she'd take the news that she has a rival for the throne from her own bloodline.

shex, it's GoT

Edited by villakram

They're relying on non-book readers to remember some small references made in past seasons.  However, the biggest hint in the show this season is the presence of the Kingsguard..

"Our Prince wanted us here" - Arthur Dayne

So, whilst that doesn't confirm Rhaegar to be the father, it's the biggest indication in the show this season.

• Like 1

The timeline of things now either mean, that Daenerys will take the Iron Throne from Cersei and then later in the season get usurped by someone else. 

Or we'll have a lot of time spent cutting back to Daenerys and co. in boats, and that'll be even more boring than cutting back to her time in Meereen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Thought as much. I explained it to my gf but when she asked "how do you know he's a targaryan?" I couldn't answer. 
That's one of the few theories I know of! I imagine that's the most famous one

I guess they had that scene on the assumption that people aren't aware of that theory. "Who is Jon Snow's real dad?" could be quite the mystery, if it wasn't for the fact everyone already knows.

Or maybe it isn't Rhaegar and they're **** with us :D

Well that battle of Trident takes place a year after Rhaegar "kidnapped" Lyanna. Also, kings guards are not at the Trident and guarding Lyanna (protecting RT's unborn child and heir).

Â