Welbeck or Sturridge

dakid007

Sturridge is better is virtually every way. Not even remotely close.

Welbeck is better physically - faster, stronger, taller etc.

Not sure he is faster.

Sturridge for me even if I hate him but it would be interesting to see how he would do at a different club. Doubt he would score nearly as much.

At a team not as good? Stating the obvious.

Sturridge scored 8 in 12 at Bolton don't forget.

I genuinely clicked on this topic thinking it was going to be a joke.

It's not even close. Sturridge by an absolute country mile.

Wellbeck would never be as prolific as Sturridge, mainly for the reason they're not the same kind of player. Sturridge is an out and out striker where as Wellbeck is more of a  deep lying forward, imo. So even if he played every game I'd wager Wellbeck would never score as many as Sturridge, even if he was a better player.

But anyway, I can't really believe this question is being asked. Sturridge is mile miles better.

Sturridge is better is virtually every way. Not even remotely close.

Welbeck is better physically - faster, stronger, taller etc.

Not sure he is faster.

Plus Wellbeck is only an inch taller, which doesn't mean a great deal. Peter Crouch is 9 inches taller. So what?

I don't know how you can measure strength, but Sturridge looks the stronger of the two to me, based purely on stature.

• Like 1

Sturridge is miles better. Welbeck looks gangly and not sure of what he is doing. I still think that "cryuff" goal he scored was a fluke and he was tryin to control it. Sturridge is very assured in himself, a proper out and out goalscorer.

all depends what type of player your looking for. If you want a team player that will track back and mark the opposition winger then you will pick Welbeck. If want a goalscorer who doesn't really offer much else you go Sturridge

all depends what type of player your looking for. If you want a team player that will track back and mark the opposition winger then you will pick Welbeck. If want a goalscorer who doesn't really offer much else you go Sturridge

So basically then, if you want to score goals thus increasing your chances of winning games, you pick Sturridge. If you want attackers to track back and mark people, then you're Alex McLeish and I claim my winnings from a 0-0 final score bet.

If want a goalscorer who doesn't really offer much else you go Sturridge

That's not very fair at all and you are speaking about him as if he is Darren Bent. Sturridge has many strings to his bow including his link-up play, technique, dribbling, ability to play as a wide forward etc.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Â