the weekend footnall thread

Jimzk5

In fairness Chelsea were pretty average before xmas, they were losing 3-2 at Stoke, 2-0 at Newcastle and should've lost at home to West Brom, didn't look a Mourinho team shipping goals.

Really clicked since the xmas period though, keeping loads of clean sheets and obviously have a goal in them.

They have clicked like Ferguson teams use to after xmas. 

Can not really see past Chelsea for the League now.

People on here were writing Mourinho off before Christmas saying he wasn't the same after Madrid.

In the zlatan thread from 3 years ago people said stuff like he was a worse version of berbatov. Someone said swansea were certainly getting relegated when they went 2-0 down to Liverpool a couple weeks ago. People love to get into a position to say I told you so.

Haha, I was one of those idiots saying Zlatan was overrated. He was always poor in the handful of games I'd seen him in at the time. I have now changed my opinion.

I agree, they remind me of United last season, Haven't got the best team 1 to 11 in the prem (that's Man. City), haven't got the best strikers compared to the rest but those strikers pop up at vital moments for them and win them games.

Like a machine at the minute rattling off wins.

• Like 1

I don't see why people think city's squad is so much better, seems like mourinhos done a good job of putting that in people's heads. City don't have near the depth or quality that Chelsea have on the defensive side, and don't have a good true dm either. The only position they're really better at is striker.

I don't see why people think city's squad is so much better, seems like mourinhos done a good job of putting that in people's heads. City don't have near the depth or quality that Chelsea have on the defensive side, and don't have a good true dm either. The only position they're really better at is striker.

Agree.

• Like 1

Anyone have Caulker in their FF team?

I have Caulker. Between him, Mutch and Hazard I actually scored over 50 points this week, crazy. Especially considering I am so crap at FF I usually only score around 46.

Hitting the check mark on the top right corner of a post is the way to like a post on the mobile web right? I just did that with dodgy knees post, and I want to make sure I didn't accidentally flag it for abuse or something weird

Hitting the check mark on the top right corner of a post is the way to like a post on the mobile web right? I just did that with dodgy knees post, and I want to make sure I didn't accidentally flag it for abuse or something weird

You're good, post shows you like it.

• Like 1

You're good, post shows you like it.

Ok thanks. I'll like this one as well. :)

• Like 1

The commentator on ITV keeps on saying that it was a surprise that Curtis Davies was not in the England Squad in the midweek friendly. Really? I just remember him being awful with Zak Knight after spending 8 million on him.

I thought Davies, in spells, was very good for us. He was first choice alongside Laursen for a while and they really complimented each other. For some reason he couldn't maintain that

Pretty sure we sold Davies to SHA for about 3m?

I never rated him a huge amount when he was with us but in fairness he's been good for Hull this season so probably the two years in the championship did him good.

So many centre halfs look rubbish in their early 20s yet mature when they come up to 30, Davies isn't far off now I'd imagine.

Â