the weekend footnall thread

Jimzk5

Do you think maybe Pellegrini being new to the english league saw the league cup and fa cup as the same level of prestige? Once the league cup was won last week perhaps he thought they should focus on the league title. I am sure they didn't want to lose at home to Wigan but perhaps they lacked a bit of focus today. But congrats to Wigan, another great run. The Joe Johnson of the FA Cup.

Look how easy a run Sheff Utd had, I mean not for them but what we could have had. Wouldn't have worked out that way but it is annoying.

We should have been at Wembley last year and this year.

#LambertOut

You can only beat what is put infront of you, well done to those got to this stage, but next year most of them will be knocked out in the third round.

You can only beat what is put infront of you, well done to those got to this stage, but next year most of them will be knocked out in the third round.

Yeah can do or you can keep losing to lower league sides from Yorkshire which is what the Villa seem to prefer doing at present.

Said other week if anything ever did happen to Lambert or he walked away, Rosler would be a good choice to look at.

Done a great job at Brentford and Wigan, Plays good attacking football similar to way good german teams are set up and obviously a great  win today.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Who have Sheff Utd played?

1st Round: Colchester (a)

2nd Round: Cambridge (a)

3rd Round: Aston Villa (a)

4th Round: Fulham (h)

5th Round: Nottingham Forest (h)

Quarter final: Charlton (h) 

The Fulham game went to a replay, so they had their first four wins in the competition away from home.  Cambridge is probably the only game they went into as favourites, so Blades fans will dispute the claim that they have had an easy ride.  Obviously if we had have beaten them then we would have drawn a different team in every subsequent round because we would have been given a different number in the hat. 

Who have Sheff Utd played?

1st Round: Colchester (a)

2nd Round: Cambridge (a)

3rd Round: Aston Villa (a)

4th Round: Fulham (h)

5th Round: Nottingham Forest (h)

Quarter final: Charlton (h) 

The Fulham game went to a replay, so they had their first four wins in the competition away from home.  Cambridge is probably the only game they went into as favourites, so Blades fans will dispute the claim that they have had an easy ride.  Obviously if we had have beaten them then we would have drawn a different team in every subsequent round because we would have been given a different number in the hat. 

7 game run to the semi final, a proper old school run that is. They deserved to beat us in January which is even more depressing!

Said other week if anything ever did happen to Lambert or he walked away, Rosler would be a good choice to look at.

Done a great job at Brentford and Wigan, Plays good attacking football similar to way good german teams are set up and obviously a great  win today.

You could say the same of Lambert's resume from when he was at Norwich.

Done a great job at Brentford and Wigan, Plays good attacking football similar to way good german teams are set up and obviously a great win today.

You could say the same of Lambert's resume from when he was at Norwich.

Hahaha I was going to say the same thing, except Lamberts results were better.

• Like 1

Rosler also managed here in Norway, he actually managed my local team. He actually did very good, ended up fourth and he got sacked if I remember correctly. People are still pissed about it, the fans loved him and his style of training. It still gets brought up and Rosler himself said it was the most annoying thing in his career.

Team has never done close to as good since then. So obviously,  I like him a lot and it does not surprise me that he is having some success. With that said, Lambert had done better before he came here and well I am pro Lambert so I don`t want him away.

Â