the weekend footnall thread

Jimzk5

"It hurts me and I won't forget about this when we hit the motorway, but some might.'' Tim Sherwood speaking after the game.

So Tim, what motorway will you be taking to get from Chelsea to Tottenham?  :D 

• Like 1

"It hurts me and I won't forget about this when we hit the motorway, but some might.'' Tim Sherwood speaking after the game.

So Tim, what motorway will you be taking to get from Chelsea to Tottenham?  :D 

Probably be quicker than going via Northern Circular :D

Still, there are clearly problems in that camp. Cheeky bid for Kyle Walker? 

• Like 1

Eriksen and Paulinho would do nicely. 

On your other point Samjp I agree, his comments after the match-

Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood speaking to Sky Sports: "You can't legislate for the capitulation - you can't have that. Lack of characters, too many of them too nice to each other and you need to show a bit more guts and not want to be someone's mate all the time. They need to drag it out of each other.

"There have been too many blips. The club talks about fourth, wake up."

Well the players won't appreciate comments like that to the tv cameras

Which is exactly why I like the fact that Lambert won't slag off our team in public. It still baffles me that some of our fans would prefer Lambert to do the sort of thing Sherwood has just done.

Won't help morale at all.

• Like 3

People on here were writing Mourinho off before Christmas saying he wasn't the same after Madrid.

In the zlatan thread from 3 years ago people said stuff like he was a worse version of berbatov. Someone said swansea were certainly getting relegated when they went 2-0 down to Liverpool a couple weeks ago. People love to get into a position to say I told you so.

In fairness Chelsea were pretty average before xmas, they were losing 3-2 at Stoke, 2-0 at Newcastle and should've lost at home to West Brom, didn't look a Mourinho team shipping goals.

Really clicked since the xmas period though, keeping loads of clean sheets and obviously have a goal in them.

Â