the weekend footnall thread

Jimzk5

I think Fulham will have done well to get to 30 points at the end of the season from here. That leaves 2 to go down.

Cardiff need to gain 7 points more than us over their next 9 games, they could actually still get over the 40 line but it would need an epic change of form.

Sunderland are interesting, because of our league position, Sunderland are either now playing top half teams and therefore could struggle, or they are playing teams below us which means either team losing or both drawing is a result for us.

If we can pick up our sensible winnable points (if!), then it's all gravy from here and we should see the old Villa foot off the peddle make return around about mid April. 

I  still think one of Palace or Sunderland will go down. Palace have some really tough fixtures, Sunderland have three games in hand but two of them are against Liverpool and Man City. Should be interesting next week between the two of them.

Matic is a top player and the type of player we need. Not in terms of quality, of course we'd have to get a cheaper/crapper version, but he does the job that Sylla should be doing. Take the ball, guard the ball, get rid of the ball. 

Edited by samjp26

So everyone was creaming over Fulham signing tom dick and harry in January.Shocker.

something dodgy about that mitroglu(sp)? Deal imo, £12million for a striker who hasn't been fit for the first 5 weeks, and confusion about who actually signed him, mulensteen said he knew very little about it. Reminds me of the qpr samba deal

Â