Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'm not a fan of these 5-3-2 formations that include 5 defenders AND a defensive midfielder. I'd much rather have a 5-3-2 where the 3 midfielders consist of 2 'all-round' CMs and an AMC. Eg: Delph & Westwood with Cole in front of them.

• Like 2

As it stands I would go with...

Guzan

Okore Vlaar Senderos

Bacuna Westwood Cole Delph Richardson

Benteke Agbonlahor

Weimann in until the Beast is back. I would rather have another good quality midfielder in there where Cole is at the moment though to be honest. I think that team will pick results up away from home, I still think it will struggle at home though.

I'm not a fan of these 5-3-2 formations that include 5 defenders AND a defensive midfielder. I'd much rather have a 5-3-2 where the 3 midfielders consist of 2 'all-round' CMs and an AMC. Eg: Delph & Westwood with Cole in front of them.

I see were you're coming from but i feel a midfield 3 of Delph, Westwood & Cole would be overrun (against most teams) forcing the wingbacks to only concentrate on defending making it a flat back 5 and thus making us even less of a threat going forward

James Nursey has said on Twitter Lambert is targeting an experienced central holding midfielder, hinted might be Ki?

Hopefully it's Ki. He'd be an excellent signing.

I will wet myself.

Could be a Ki signing.

• Like 1

James Nursey has said on Twitter Lambert is targeting an experienced central holding midfielder, hinted might be Ki?

I will wet myself.

Could be a Ki signing.

Ki might just be the force to heal and bring life into our broken club

I will wet myself.

Could be a Ki signing.

Ki might just be the force to heal and bring life into our broken club

Con will once again go mental over Ki passes

Think I'll give this a wide berth for a while after we sign the next one, lol

Richard, do you have any info on who we might possibly be signing next? That's if there is actually a "next" signing this window.

I heard someone say progress, listen all we want to do is stay up until a new owner comes in

That's a good post.

Its horrible and depressing but this is basically it.

Its similar to the point I made in the Richardson thread. We won't be able to attract decent players because decent players don't want to join a club where the aim is to survive and get sold

I wouldn't say 'crap' DK. I'm not saying he's great, but his record at Antwerp, Hull and Cardiff is ok.

He didn't do well at blunderland, but he had a serious knee injury

20 in 31 for Antwerp

15 in 34 for Hull

13 in 48 for Cardiff

An improvement on Bowery, Delfonz, Holte and scored more than Gabby and Weeman last season In a relegated team

600k and less of a gamble than that knob from Arsenal

• Like 1

According to Gordon Burns who is some kind of BBC reporter we're interested in taking Young back from utd and willing to pay £7m. Don't know how credible that info is though.

Edit: turns out he's just a former BBC presenter so probably not all that credible.

Edited by Pembers

Can't fathom why we would keep on signing attackers, you don't score more goals just because you pack the team full of attackers.

Argentina have played with 3,4 or 5 (depending on how you place Di Maria) all through the WC, among them Messi and Aguero and they've scored just 8 goals in 6 games

Granted Argentina are sadly in the finals now and you can't argue with results, but the calibre strikers we have and are linked with are some way short of the quality Argentina have.

For the love of god focus on sorting out the midfield.

Edited by sne