Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Thanks, I'm glad you've managed to acknowledge it.

I just think its strange that a few keep changing opinions just to defend a billionaire who doesn't want any part of the club anymore.

Well, that's it. You guys can't hide it from BJ10 any longer as he's on to you. You may as well start posting your own actual opinions now, as making up posts for the sole purpose of making Lerner look good is no longer going to be effective. Too bad, too. I was thinking you were within a whisker of bringing him around to your point of view ;)

Well you had people annoyed at the idea the club was being run on the cheap so that lerner could cut his losses. They defended the way the club was run by assuming lerner was going to invest heavily again and improve us. Now that's been proven to be wrong the same people are still defending the way the club was run.

The way I see it, any ££s Lerner puts in over and above the money the club makes for itself means he is a positive owner (who has of course made mistakes during his time here). The last few seasons of 'harsh cutbacks' he's still been supporting us with £20m a season which is very generous of him no matter you think BJ10. When he starts taking money off the club like the Glazers do that's when I will turn on him but not before.

So if we're relegated this year you'll have no issue with him?

And what do you mean generous? Its his investment, he's put in the absolute minimum to keep his investment in the premier league. I can't believe after the last four years people still act like he does things because he loves us. He's looking after his business interests and while we struggle and our reputation as a club gets worse and worse there's still a few like yourself who defend him for it.

Thanks, I'm glad you've managed to acknowledge it.

I just think its strange that a few keep changing opinions just to defend a billionaire who doesn't want any part of the club anymore.

Well, that's it. You guys can't hide it from BJ10 any longer as he's on to you. You may as well start posting your own actual opinions now, as making up posts for the sole purpose of making Lerner look good is no longer going to be effective. Too bad, too. I was thinking you were within a whisker of bringing him around to your point of view ;)

Well you had people annoyed at the idea the club was being run on the cheap so that lerner could cut his losses. They defended the way the club was run by assuming lerner was going to invest heavily again and improve us. Now that's been proven to be wrong the same people are still defending the way the club was run.

The way I see it, any ££s Lerner puts in over and above the money the club makes for itself means he is a positive owner (who has of course made mistakes during his time here). The last few seasons of 'harsh cutbacks' he's still been supporting us with £20m a season which is very generous of him no matter you think BJ10. When he starts taking money off the club like the Glazers do that's when I will turn on him but not before.

So if we're relegated this year you'll have no issue with him?

And what do you mean generous? Its his investment, he's put in the absolute minimum to keep his investment in the premier league. I can't believe after the last four years people still act like he does things because he loves us. He's looking after his business interests and while we struggle and our reputation as a club gets worse and worse there's still a few like yourself who defend him for it.

Yes, it's a difficult decision to make - our player of the season, or a guy who couldn't get into the Fulham team when they were bottom of the table? Hmm, what to do, what to do . . .

Except he played 11 games for Fulham and he only joined them in January, he was excellent at villa park, he ran the game, I think he's an superb player

It's a shame that we couldn't get him in January

He only played eleven times because he was dropped towards the end of the season. Maybe he's amazing, but he certainly hasn't shown that in English football yet. Why would you sell Delph for a punt? 

If Levy were offering this move, it would be because he thinks Delph is far better. I concur. People get so smitten with youngsters with big reputations that they can't see how average they are. Remember how many people were gutted we didn't get Guidetti? Where are they now?

You think holtby is signing Sam?

Not Holtby, Holt. Wigan don't want any fee

I can't see us signing Holt even on a free - he didn't do much during his loan spell and his Prem League playing days are over.

Kozak is nearing his comeback too - according to Lambert, Libor may not be ready for the first game but not long after - therefore I cannot see us needing another 'big man' up top.

We'll start the season with Gabby, Weimann, Kozak and Robinson, with Benteke to return after his injury too.

It would be good to secure the free signings of the likes of Barry and Lescott and hope we can attract some other players too, regardless of our current ownership status.

Id be pretty happy if we got hoolahan, offers something different and would be very cheap! Shame we can't afford Leroy fer.

Isn't Fer on a free? Or am I thinking of one of their other players

You think holtby is signing Sam?

Not Holtby, Holt. Wigan don't want any fee

I can't see us signing Holt even on a free - he didn't do much during his loan spell and his Prem League playing days are over.

Kozak is nearing his comeback too - according to Lambert, Libor may not be ready for the first game but not long after - therefore I cannot see us needing another 'big man' up top.

We'll start the season with Gabby, Weimann, Kozak and Robinson, with Benteke to return after his injury too.

It would be good to secure the free signings of the likes of Barry and Lescott and hope we can attract some other players too, regardless of our current ownership status.

I dunno, I don't think we need Holt, rather spend the wages elsewhere but it certainly could happen.

• Like 1

Id be pretty happy if we got hoolahan, offers something different and would be very cheap! Shame we can't afford Leroy fer.

Isn't Fer on a free? Or am I thinking of one of their other players
I dunno tbh mate but if he's on a free then he should be a player we go after! Strong cdm is one thing we lack! Would be funny if we get hoolahan for cheaper than we offered in Jan xD

Also didn't James nursery tweet that we where looking into getting pilkington from naaarwich as well as hoolahan?

I would take both to be honest, although Pilkington has had a couple of seasons riddled with injuries hasn't he?

Hoolahan could be a good stop gap for us IMO, given our current predicament with uncertainty over our ownership.

IF, we could sign them along with say Barry and Lescott on frees we could line up as:

..................Guzan

.........Okore,Vlaar,Lescott

Bacuna......Barry..........N'Zogbia

.......Westwood......Delph

..............Hoolahan

Weimann/Kozak/Benteke/Gabby

that wouldn't be bad would it?

• Like 1

Total no brainer if I was in Lamberts shoes right now I would be offering Lescott and Barry sexual favours to sign them up

I still don't think they'd come not even if Lambert kept saying we go again.

I cannot see us signing anyone until the waters clear either way regarding a takeover there is no point. If Lerner is still here after the World Cup I also don't see us signing anyone until the last day or two of the window just increase there is sudden movement on the takeover front or if nothing is on the horizon to save on wages.