England v Denmark Friendly

andykeenan

Shaw will be in the squad, I don't think he will be first choice. It would be a wonderful experience for him just to go to Brazil though.  

Shaw will be in the squad, I don't think he will be first choice. It would be a wonderful experience for him just to go to Brazil though.  

Yep if Cole is not going to be first choice then its better to take Shaw along for the experience.

How many of the England team would get into the Germany, Brazil, Spain squads if they could? I can't think of any, real lack of quality.

England don't play well as a team and haven't done for years. The passion has gone from the national team, it is mostly part time fans that come out for the world cup just to jump on the bandwagon.

How many of the England team would get into the Germany, Brazil, Spain squads if they could? I can't think of any, real lack of quality.

England don't play well as a team and haven't done for years. The passion has gone from the national team, it is mostly part time fans that come out for the world cup just to jump on the bandwagon.

Rooney perhaps although he has been dissapointing for England.

Joe Hart seeing as Cesar is still getting called up by Brazil.

I'd say Sturridge would get in Brazil and Germany squads aswell as Germany still have Klose upfront don't they? And Brazil have Jo as one of their strikers who flopped at Man. City and Everton.

I thought Sturridge was terrible against Denmark.

I don't like him at all as a player. His technique is off and he's Defoe-ish with his lashes at goal.

Can't argue with his goalscoring form this season though. If he starts in Brazil he must play through the middle.

world cup silly season has started... our players walking in to brazil and germany's teams...

;)

happily predicting that sturridges great form will inexplicably disappear by the time we play italy

Rooney or Gomez? Rooney or Miroslav Klose.

rooney who went 2 years without scoring for england? who again looked like a passenger vs a very average Denmark and lets all be honest had a shocking world cup in 2010?

it should be rooney every day of the week, but id fancy klose and gomez to turn up at the world cup, rooney im not so sure

Rooney hasn't been fit for the last few major finals. Hopefully he will be fitter this time around. He's been a top player in the Premier League for a number of years and this will be his last world cup to impress really.  To be honest i think England will struggle to get out of their group. Uruguay have Suarez and Cavani and Italy are always tough.

The original point is that very few England players would get into their side. I don't understand how that's silly season?

Yeah I even said 'If they could' no harm in comparing the teams.

Hart would get in over Cesar if he is the current keeper but Id say it might be close if QPR actually played him. Germany have Gotze, Reus, Muller, Ozil playing behind a front man usually, their midfield might be the strongest of any country at the WC.

Sturridge is in form but even if the entire team ends the season well personally when they link up with England something just doesn't click. At International level most teams seem to play one or two touch football and England just don't do that.

Fred hasn't been in a brazil team since August and has hardly played for 6 months through injuries.

Jo is in the squad and Walter is being touted for a call up, and he makes Grant Holt look anorexic.

Brazil have plenty of nearly there strikers. But Neymar is really the only high performer right now.

To suggest Rooney or Sturridge would make their squad, or even their first XI isn't ludicrous by any stretch.

If Sturridge was Brazilian he'd be in the team on his current form. Make no mistake.

Edited by Stevo985

Â