England v Denmark Friendly

andykeenan

England will get 5 points from group stage and will sneak through. Uruguay or Italy will struggle to break them down.

its nto Hodgson fault the level of English player is not as good as say 5 years ago

Hodgson is as average as the team.

And I don't really mean that in a derogatory fashion. What I mean is I feel like Hodgson will get out of the England team exactly what you would expect.

We'll qualify for tournaments, because we're good enough to qualify. But we won't do anything special in them because we're not good enough.

He's not the kind of manager who will have us performing terribly, but neither is he the kind of manager that will mastermind dramatic upsets and get the team performing well above their station.

England will get 5 points from group stage and will sneak through. Uruguay or Italy will struggle to break them down.

its nto Hodgson fault the level of English player is not as good as say 5 years ago

It is Hodgson's fault that he employs negative tactics.

It is Hodgson's fault that he employs negative tactics.

I feel like negative automatically equals bad for some. His negative tactics secured a draw against Italy in the euros, and a draw against france, two teams with better players.

We are equal to those teams.

It's not like we are Northern Ireland or something.

England is equal to Italy?

Yes.

It's not like they are a way better team than us.

We are at roughly the same level as them.

Last two results against them were a draw and an England win.

Edited by TRS-T

England are definitely a level below Italy.

And Uruguay for that matter, imo. It's like saying us and Everton are at the same level. We're in the same ball park as a club, sure. But at the moment Everton are clearly better.

Doesn't mean we can't get a result against either or both though.

• Like 1

Italy are not clearly better than us though.

You don't look at the Group D and say "Uruguay and Italy to go through"

You say "Hmmmnn, could be any 2 of Uruguay, Italy and England to go though"

Saying we're a level below those teams is like saying Scotland are a level below Ireland.

Ireland may have done better recently but they're of roughly equal ability.

Italy are not clearly better than us though.

maybe not man for man on paper, but i think in the pressure situation during the WC with the experience they have and also with the type of football they play in those conditions they have an edge over us

we will go in to that game as underdog IMO

they are head and shoulders above us in midfield

You don't look at the Group D and say "Uruguay and Italy to go through"

I think the vast majority of people put Italy and Uruguay as favourites.

Maybe in England where England are underrated.

Â