England v Denmark Friendly

andykeenan

Could not give two hoops about our national team anymore

*Hoots*

But I agree with the sentiment. Who the **** is Luke Shaw anyway?

The next Andros Townsend

Luke Shaw is definitely a future star and very good now but left back is probably England's strongest position right now.

Such a weak squad from England though.

Caulker, Walker, Smalling, Cleverley, Lampard, Townsend, Defoe, and Wellbeck have no form right now. I'd say 5 of the squad are playing to a high level right now.

Have lost all faith in Woy Hodgson to be honest and think his continual selection of players such as Cleverly, Carrick, Jones, Smalling, Defoe sends out the wrong message to young, up and coming English players - no matter how hard or well they train/play they're not going to get a look in Internationally.

I think it was prior to the last friendlies (post WC Qualification) in November(?) time when Hodgson stated that he wasn't looking to bring new faces into the England set-up - I thought that was particularly small minded and a kick in the balls to the eligable players - offering them little or no incentive to strive for an England cap.

Yes, Hodgson has brought in some of the Southampton players (on merit to be fair) but is still over reliant on his tried and tested ManUre players who aren't necessarily playing every match.

As for tonight - I expect a drab affair where neither teams will want to pick up injuries going into a vital stage of the season (this is FIFA/UEFA's fault for poor timing IMO)

From what's available to us tonight, I'd pick

.............................Hart

Johnson.....Caulker..... Cahill.....Shaw

.................Gerrard.....Henderson

Ox-Chamberlain..Rooney..........Lallana

..........................Sturridge

I think you're slightly harsh on Carrick and Jones there.

Carrick is still one of our best midfielders and certainly warrants a place in the squad.

Jones isn't amazing, but his versatility means he'll be a very useful squad player in a tournament scenario.

For one off qualifiers he may not be an ideal person to have in the squad, but for a tournament I think he warrants selection.

All of the home nations are suffering from a lack of quality syndrome on inflated wages and I can't see any success at international level for any of us until another generation or two down the line.

All of the home nations are suffering from a lack of quality syndrome on inflated wages and I can't see any success at international level for any of us until another generation or two down the line.

Greg Dyke said England should win World Cup 2022. I'm looking forward to it.

why do they do it? pay these youngsters £50k+ a week, tell them they are "world class" and say that we're one of the best teams in the world

why dont they just be honest and keep telling them we are below the level we should be and are way off winning anything

greg dykes comments are like randy lerner saying villa will win the champions league in 2022, achieves nothing positive

I don't see the problem with Dyke's comments.

He's said that he wants to aim to win the world cup in 2022.

He hasn't said "We WILL win the world cup in 2022"

It's a target. I'm sure if he all told us the target was to qualify from the group in 2022 we'd all be furious.

Aim for Semis in 2018, win it in 2022.

Yeah it may not be likely, but why shouldn't we be aiming to win a tournament in 8 years time?

I don't see the problem with Dyke's comments.

He's said that he wants to aim to win the world cup in 2022.

He hasn't said "We WILL win the world cup in 2022"

It's a target. I'm sure if he all told us the target was to qualify from the group in 2022 we'd all be furious.

Aim for Semis in 2018, win it in 2022.

Yeah it may not be likely, but why shouldn't we be aiming to win a tournament in 8 years time?

like i said for me its the same as lerner saying we will win the champions league in 2022

he's not going to say we'll still be surviving rather than competing every year still by 2022 but would that comment really inspire us fans?

cos my response would be "not carrying on like **** this we wont" and i also think england are every bit as far away from winning something as villa are

if he's going to say that we're aiming to win it then he needs to outline how because this we're a huge footballing nation and we're good enough doesn't wash anymore, and this idea that we've built st georges park so we'll get better does nothing to convince me either, the problems in english football are deep and everything the FA can offer seems to be scratching the surface at best, picking under performing and out of form utd / liverpool players was something to moan about 20 years and 6 managers a go...

Do you aim for Villa to get to the last 16 of the FA Cup?

No.

You hope that this will be our year to win it.

I'd say that England winning the World Cup would be the equivalent of Arsenal winning the Champions League.

Could happen but they'll probably get knocked out by one of the top teams in the knock-out stages.

hart

johnson - cahill - smalling - cole

gerrard - henderson - wilshere

sterling - rooney - sturridge

not really sure what the point in playing cole is, hopefully smalling can do something to rule himself out of the WC (every bit as bad as cleverlely IMO) the midfield is interesting cos im not sure who sits, i dont buy in to this gerrard deeper role he was utter wank vs us playing there, henderson will give energy and based on form id say thats probably our best midfield and front 3 at the moment

Â