The Boring Thread

Spoony

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Been telling everyone for years I’m 5’11 which I thought I was and maybe I was. Turns out yesterday I’m 5’9 . 

I went through a similar thing. Not basically a midget like you but 5'10 instead of 5'11

• Haha 2

Thing is I’ve never wanted to be 6ft so was always happy to say 5’11. An old flame I was talking to the other month mentioned my lad was tall , and then said he doesn’t get it from you dies he, which I found strange at the time, but now I know why. 

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Been telling everyone for years I’m 5’11 which I thought I was and maybe I was. Turns out yesterday I’m 5’9 . 

Maybe Henry sucked a few inches out of you :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I went through a similar thing. Not basically a midget like you but 5'10 instead of 5'11

Same. We settle as we get older. 

And I keep making the mistake of standing next to tall blokes in photographs. 

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If you were really 5'11 you wouldn't be telling people you were 5'11

There’s this trope that men on dating apps say they are 6ft + on their profile and when the woman meets them for a drink it transpires they are more like 5’9”. 

So there is the perception that men lie about their height. I’m sure that this does happen.

Problem is, when I go on the apps (currently I am not) I have the worry that when I put my true height of 5’8”, potential suitors will think I’m lying about that.

I have previously gone to the trouble of using up a text prompt to confirm readers that I am indeed that height and to offer some reassurance, remind them that no man ever has pretended to be 5’8”.

This oh so self aware and self deprecating comment had some mild success.

Fortunately, I have plenty of genuine character defects that will be unappealing in lieu of lying about my height.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If you were really 5'11 you wouldn't be telling people you were 5'11

Why not? When someone asks me, or when I get into conversation about height I tell them I’m 5’11

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Why not? When someone asks me, or when I get into conversation about height I tell them I’m 5’11

Exactly. And you're 5'9

If you were really 5'11 you'd tell everyone you were 6 foot

I know I would

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. And you're 5'9

If you were really 5'11 you'd tell everyone you were 6 foot

I know I would

That’s the thing I’ve always been glad I wasn’t 6ft hence why I’d say 5”11. If you were tall as a kid you were called lanky, I think that’s where it’s come from not wanting to be 6ft .

I'm 5ft 7 ... I shot up to this height when I was about 13 and I used to do the Benny Hill pat on the head that he did to the short bald fella in his sketches to all my classmates who hadn't had their growth spurt 

kinda sucks that 40 years later all those classmates are all taller than me now and do it back to me whenever I meet them  :D 

vZ2dVD.gif

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nobody likes looking at an untidy front lawn do they? 

Nope. Not using up my Kenneth allocation on that one. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
Â