The Boring Thread

Spoony

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto does something similar. He likes to guess the size of objects and carries a tape measure round to check whether he's correct.

He knows that, it was in the spoilers tag :)

22 hours ago, hogso said:

As a hobby I like to guess the distances between things. I carry a tape measure with me to see if I'm right.

Sort of related, but I noticed recently that my gf has no concept of distance.

We were in the car and had the sat nav on. It said "Turn left in 10 yards" so i turned left and she said "No, it said in 10 yards, it's not this one!"

So I asked her if she knew how long 10 yards was and she admitted she didn't. Whenever I talk about distance I have to compare it to something else (eg It's twice as far as here to London) or in time (it takes 2 hours by car)

Sort of related, but I noticed recently that my gf has no concept of distance.

We were in the car and had the sat nav on. It said "Turn left in 10 yards" so i turned left and she said "No, it said in 10 yards, it's not this one!"

So I asked her if she knew how long 10 yards was and she admitted she didn't. Whenever I talk about distance I have to compare it to something else (eg It's twice as far as here to London) or in time (it takes 2 hours by car)

mine isnt that bad, but she's pretty terrible. Which is painful because I'm so good at it (left brained).

"How far is Croatia away from Turkey?" (our holiday destination from the place getting bombed all the time)

"Dunno, at least 1000 miles I reckon"

"How far is that?"

"Really far"

"Further than here to France"

"...

:mellow:

Yes"

shower pull cord switch went bang this morning

A nice sunny bank holiday Friday spent doing chores and teaching myself all about electrics in rooms with water in them - what could possibly go wrong...

Eh guv, pass me that LAP 50 amp DP RCD load side flip flange isolator next to the breaker breaker 4 pole MCB. Yeah, I got the skills.

shower pull cord switch went bang this morning

A nice sunny bank holiday Friday spent doing chores and teaching myself all about electrics in rooms with water in them - what could possibly go wrong...

Eh guv, pass me that LAP 50 amp DP RCD load side flip flange isolator next to the breaker breaker 4 pole MCB. Yeah, I got the skills.

Come in breaker breaker 4 pole, roger that, over.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm walking around a Bulgarian agricultural museum.

And on that note I think we can close the thread.  This will never be topped.

• Like 3

Â