Upperlands school adopts Aston Villa

El-Reacho

http://goo.gl/l8Eg2F

Have they really thought this through??

Aston Villa is to visit a primary school in County Londonderry, after the entire school elected to start supporting the football club.

Staff at Ampertaine Primary in Upperlands wanted to use football to help educate the children.

So last week headmaster Garry McIlwaine organised a draw in assembly to pick a team to get behind.

Villa were selected - aptly enough as the school uniform is claret and blue, the Birmingham club's colours.

Villa facts and figures will now be used in literacy, maths and PE lessons.

Children will also study a subject called 'World Around Us' learning about all the Lions (supporters) clubs around the world and also the birthplaces of Villa's first-team stars.

Pupils from the school have written to club chiefs at Villa Park to wish them well for the rest of the season and show them their new-found knowledge of the club.

Villa's American goalkeeper Brad Guzan was so impressed with the support from the kids that he posed for a picture with their letters - a photo which will be used on the school's new 'Villa Noticeboard'.

This will be a super supporter area where children can show their ongoing allegiance to the team.

Year five/six teacher Jacqui Speers said the school will email the club on the eve of each game to wish the team good luck.

'Exciting future plans'

Villa marketing manager Dan Meredith said: "It's great to think that we have a whole school following our fortunes - that's kids and staff too.

"When we found out about their scheme, we were delighted to get involved. Not only do we have more fans now, but we're helping children develop their learning for the coming years.

"That's very fulfilling. We have some exciting future plans for the school. They don't know about them yet - so we're keeping them quiet for the moment."

Teacher Jacqui Speers added: "We felt that football's popularity to boys and girls alike could prove useful in connecting with the kids in their learning projects.

"So we selected a club and we're really pleased with hindsight that it's Villa.

"There's no question that Villa has a rich history and one of the greatest traditions in football, having been one of the founding members of the Football League.

"Having dealt with the staff at the club now, it's also a very friendly and warm club to be involved with. The kids are certainly enjoying the football-based education - and if we're honest, so are the staff."

An Aston Villa coach will take two coaching sessions with the children on Thursday, officials will present gifts to the children and the club's official mascot, Hercules the lion will also meet pupils.

Villa facts and figures will now be used in literacy, maths and PE lessons.

"nil plus nil is?"

"NIL!"

"If you add up the fess of all our transfers what do you get?"

"47 PENCE!"

Yes, I'm sure all the kids who support Man U and Liverpool have now decided to follw Villa instead....

Anyway, on with the maths lessons.

Percentages:

Paul Lambert has decided to play 5 at the back in a Premier League game, will Aston Villa's possession percentage be:

A) 18% B ) 25% or C) 33%

Please show your workings.

Edited by Risso
  • Like 2

Paul Lambert has decided to play 5 at the back in a Premier League game, will Aston Villa's possession percentage be:

A) 18% B ) 25% or C) 33%

The answer is A.

Assuming Aston Villa have possession from kick-off, thus starting at 100%...

• Deduct 17% for Brad Guzan distribution
  • Deduct 24% for Charles N'Zogbia attempting to round 3 defenders at once
  • Deduct 11% for Marc Albrighton crosses
  • Deduct 21% for Aleksandar Tonev shots
  • Deduct 9% for Paul Lambert second-half tactics
  • Like 3

A) 18% B ) 25% or C) 33%

The answer is A.

Assuming Aston Villa have possession from kick-off, thus starting at 100%...

• Deduct 17% for Brad Guzan distribution
  • Deduct 24% for Charles N'Zogbia attempting to round 3 defenders at once
  • Deduct 11% for Marc Albrighton crosses
  • Deduct 21% for Aleksandar Tonev shots
  • Deduct 9% for Paul Lambert second-half tactics

Sorry wrong you forgot to deduct 5% for every single "pass" that El Ahmadi makes including throw ins or free kicks he takes by accident.

So in effect it was a trick question.

all joking aside I think this is wicked.

Growing up in the midlands in the 80s we had Allan Evans open our primary school sports day once, thats what got me into the villa. Couple of years later we had Tony Daley turn up and take a few penalties in a 5 a side net set up on the school field (I faced one and he put it wide if anyone's interested!) and that was it for me. Villa till I die ever since. Good job our games teacher wasnt a bluenose i suppose :)

• Like 1

My kids' headmaster is a Villa fan (and all round top lad), and can often be seen in his Villa tracksuit at school when taking PE.  I'll see if I can get him to adopt a similar policy.

• Like 1

All the (very) funnies aside, I also think this is great as young fans get hugely excited about stuff like this.

My daughter 'played' football with Ashley Young a couple of years ago, as his son went to the same nursery, and he had a kick about with the kids one afternoon. Obviously, she looked at him quite harshly at one point and he went flying, but otherwise good. :P

It wasn't anything major, but it made the kids day, and all the lads are now Villa fans (my daughter couldn't give a shit as Princess Fuckknows doesn't play for us.)

• Like 2

"If Bradley Guzan hoofs the ball up to Chris Benteke, how many other players is he missing out?"

or

"Fabian Delph has been booked again, how many points does he have?

"Multiply the amount of games he has played by 3 for the answer."

There's plenty of Villa games they could show them in detention!

hahaha, yup. for the worst offenders there's always the 0-8 Chelsea game.

Why not combine music with math like in School of Rock:

How many hoofs does it take til you get to the sinner of the house?
Edited by osmark86

Hmm, I'm not such what's morally worse; teachers who participate in drinking games in their spare time (BURN THEM) or teachers who force kids to support Aston Villa? Looks like I'll have to consult my...

VT%20Meltdownometer.png

Gareth if I was gay I'd DUUTWU

We've got everything a child will need

To put them in good stead

Once they've swatted up on our history

They will truly be well read

When it comes to maths for instance,what better way would there be

To find out how to calculate

How many sh*t managers there has been

In physical education

(As well as cutting out the salt)

They will strive to emulate one man

Our new recruit Grant Holt

• Like 2

We've got everything a child will need

To put them in good stead

Once they've swatted up on our history

They will truly be well read

When it comes to maths for instance,what better way would there be

To find out how to calculate

How many sh*t managers there has been

In physical education

(As well as cutting out the salt)

They will strive to emulate one man

Our new recruit Grant Holt

Plus at nap time just put on a video of us play and everyone is asleep in minutes

Â