Which one of Lambert's signings will be first to go?

kasabian21

I'd go for Bennett or Tonev, although if Benteke is a beast for the rest of the season I can see someone making a bid we can't refuse and selling him. It's going to be very interesting to see who goes as it will be the first sign of Lambert 'admitting' he's made bad signings.

It's probably going to be Benteke with Sylla soon to follow, as he's not good enough and Villa are sure to strengthen his area of the pitch.

I forgot about Bennett too, I suppose he could go in the summer as well.

Edited by Rovers13

Every manager signs players that doesn't necessarily work out. In Lambert's case, due to working on a limited budget, he's taken a chance on unproven players and thrown them into the deep end. It's no wonder that a few has not worked out. 

Bennett is more likely to go out on loan I would guess, but it would depend on us signing a left back (hopefully Bertrand). If he does well and improves he might still have a chance, or alternatively he'll just run down his contract and sign for a championship team.

For me Tonev and Sylla just don't seem to have the quality to make it. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though. Still, I can see them going out on loans as well if we sign players for the first team. 

I would guess Benteke would be the first actual sale. I think he would be even more of a beast for a side like Arsenal or Chelsea.

I think we'll see at least couple leave in the summer.

Bowery could easily move on, and I think either Luna or Bennett will go. Benteke may go if we gt a good price, KEA because we need to replace him and Lowton for 'reasons'.

Think I've been reading that Helenius is unhappy that he hasn't had more premier league football so I'd go for him.

Where did you read that? I'm pretty sure his agent said earlier in the season that he didn't expect to get much game time this season.

For me Tonev, who has all the hallmarks of a good pub team player.

To be fair that's doing a lot of pub teams a disservice.

As far as the question posed by the thread goes it could be one of many but I'll go with Bennett.

Edited by Morpheus

Bennett, Lowton, Tonev and Sylla will all be out if a non-pisstaking bid comes in. It's just a case of who would want them.

Bennett has been plagued by injuries, I think Lambert will be looking to give him another chance next season. We hope not, because we will probably want Bertrand to stay.. 

Lowton wants to move back up North, but we will need to get another right back in first.

Sylla hasn't shown enough to really entice any bids.

My money is on Tonev. On loan to Russia or something, and then off in the summer.

What's the point of this thread?

Do you think he sits there now totally oblivious to how the players are performin?!

Why is it so important to to people on here that he "admits to making mistakes in signings", show me one single manager who doesnt make mistakes in the transfer market

Pathetic

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

Bennett or Benteke for completely different (and obvious) reasons.  Sylla, Tonev and Helenius were always going to be ones for the future rather than players expected to make an immediate impact. All three have some good attributes but haven't been able to put in a good 90 minutes for us this season, would like to see all three loaned out to gain some experience. The summer is the soonest any of Lambert's signings would be leaving.

Do you think he sits there now totally oblivious to how the players are performin?!

Why is it so important to to people on here that he "admits to making mistakes in signings", show me one single manager who doesnt make mistakes in the transfer market

Pathetic

Lol alright princess calm down. Hence whey I put 'admits' like this. I am a fan of Lambert but his perseverance with the poor players he has bought has been frustrating at times, sort of a 'I've bought this player, I'm going to keep playing him until he comes good to save face' kinda thing. That's how I view it.

Just an issue to debate, no need to get so annoyed  :D

Edited by kasabian21

Pathetic

Lol alright princess calm down. Hence whey I put 'admits' like this. I am a fan of Lambert but his perseverance with the poor players he has bought has been frustrating at times, sort of a 'I've bought this player, I'm going to keep playing him until he comes good to save face' kinda thing. That's how I view it.

Just an issue to debate, no need to get so annoyed :D

Like who?

Tonev was given game time and hasn't proven himself to be up to it so he's been dropped. Luna was replaced at the earliest opportunity.

Lowton dropped for disciplinary issues but also some really poor form early on in the season.

Where is Sylla?

The one player he has persisted with where others (including myself) would not have done is Weimann. He didn't sign Weimann...

In answer to the thread I think it will be Bennett also.

Pathetic

Just an issue to debate, no need to get so annoyed :D

Like who?

Tonev was given game time and hasn't proven himself to be up to it so he's been dropped. Luna was replaced at the earliest opportunity.

Lowton dropped for disciplinary issues but also some really poor form early on in the season.

Where is Sylla?

The one player he has persisted with where others (including myself) would not have done is Weimann. He didn't sign Weimann...

In answer to the thread I think it will be Bennett also.

I see your point, but look at Bennet last season and Luna this season. Bennett was finally 'replaced' by Luna (granted Bennett did get injured) and Luna has now been 'replaced' by Bertrand, albeit temporarily. Perhaps even Lowton at the start of this season. I don't think lambert is as bad at doing this as he was before and will concede that it may have been partly down to not having enough strength in depth, but if he now knows they are good enough (Tonev, Sylla etc...) then will they be first for the chop? 

Â