Which one of Lambert's signings will be first to go?

kasabian21

Think I've been reading that Helenius is unhappy that he hasn't had more premier league football so I'd go for him.

Where did you read that? I'm pretty sure his agent said earlier in the season that he didn't expect to get much game time this season.

Stories like this:

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/aston-villa/agent-issues-helenius-loan-exit-hint-1681659.html#.UuZy2bvFK00

were all over the press in the weeks before Christmas.

Later after talks, his agent said he's happy to stay at Villa but may well be loaned out.

Wouldn't surprise me if he leaves us some time in the near/middle future.

Edited by briny_ear

I would think Benteke would be a cert to be away in the summer.

After that, probably Bowery, as I never could see the point in that signing.

However, Lambert is a pretty stubborn guy, so I think he will stick with most, if not all of the players he bought, unless he can turn a good profit on them.

And, apart from Benteke, that is just not going to happen.

None of Bennett, Sylla, Tonev, Luna or Bowery are good enough so could see any or all of them moving on.

I still have hope for Sylla and a little less for Luna. Sylla showed som skills at the end of last season and I think there's a good player in there.

Luna had a decent/good start of his Villa career and then got injured and then couldn't get back to that form he had at the start. So it was either an inspirational start or he'll come good again. I'll wait and see. But I lean on thinking that you're right on this one. But I think he looked a bit better again at home to arsenal.

Bennett, Tonev and Bowery though, I agree on. But I think we might make a minor profit on Bowery, actually.

I think its far too early to write Tonev off completely - he's not looked good since he signed but it's very, very early days yet.

Bennett I think is a lost cause and I'm not sure what happened to Sylla over last summer but he's not looking up to scratch at all. Bowery? Just a back-up player.. selling him or keeping him doesn't make much difference to the grand scheme of things. 

Not sure who will be first, but Kea needs to go, offers nothing any other player who plays his position could'nt. Sylla, another Dawkins for me, League 2 French player was never gonna work in Premiership. Westwood, really needs to improve to stay here!!

All theses players mention are backup players on low wages can we really afford to replace them and have higher earners sitting on the bench?

Plus, a lot if not all of these players have been bought to develop, fact is not all players develop at the same rate, thus far the likes of tonev, Bennett, bowery and Sylla have been pretty substandard but who's to say one or more of them might not end up coming good?

Highly unlikely to be tonev or bowery admittedly

Â