Metal Gear Solid

villarule123

There's a mission in Africa very early one

where the guys that make all other soilders zombies are surrounding a truck you need to fulton/destroy.

I got an S rank on my first go, I just threw distraction dummies whenever they got near me.  I felt like Shaun of the Dead among them, I was terrified :lol:

yeah and me, i definitely think me playing more and admittedly watching a few youtube videos and learning what some of it means and just how much you can do on it has helped, getting my head around there not being a difficulty level and that the game adapts to how you play has been amazing, me moaning that you could go in all guns blazing rather than putting the effort in, i now have soviets with helmets, flak jackets and bigger guns...

but as a thingymebob mission i can send my gang to attack the factory that makes the helmets resulting in the soviets not having any for a couple of missions... thats madness

Edited by villa4europe

Hidden Content

**** that **** mission.  Gah, hated hated hated it.  Haven't touched the decoys at all, looks like I might have to develop some then, as I tried everything else humanly possible and it took me about 20+ attempts and just running like hell in the end to get it done.

Hidden Content

**** that **** mission.  Gah, hated hated hated it.  Haven't touched the decoys at all, looks like I might have to develop some then, as I tried everything else humanly possible and it took me about 20+ attempts and just running like hell in the end to get it done.

I was mega tempted to upload my play through it as I knew some people would struggle.

Seriously though, not one bullet was fired by them, or me.

Just snake on the floor and fulton, then snake away on the floor - jobs a good'un.

Yeah, that one.  I think I know which approach you're alluding to, which I shall definitely be employing if I go back to it.  As it was, I'm in the 'search everywhere/interrogate everyone' mode which doesn't lend itself to those juicy time bonuses.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/09/18/100-little-details-in-metal-gear-solid-5-that-will-blow-your-mind? hub page (front page)&utm_content=26

100 little details in MGS, some of them are brilliant, personal favourites being that if you stun a guard and he lands face down in a puddle he'll drown, you can get d horse to stand in the middle of the road, an approaching truck will stop, wind down the window, shout at him and you can shoot him, females at mother base will talk about team ocelot or team miller

something tells me there'll be another 100 coming soon

reading that i need to start using the tape player more

I think I'm just bad at games these days. Either that or I just don't have the patience any more now I've got to balance playing these things around a full time job and a couple of kids, when I do get chance to play I tend to be tired from long days and it's probably affecting me negatively.  The mission where you meet

Otacon's dad and have to rescue him is just tedious.  I've spent the last 30 minutes running around in circles from that big Metal Gear thing.  It either just stands by the LZ when it loses sight of me or spots me with it's probes if I lure it down the far end of the road and then run back up to the LZ.  I just let it kill me in the end.  

From what I've played so far the game offers spectacular highs, you can do some really cool shit but there is just a bit too much dead air for my tastes.  It's very good but if you'll allow me to pull arbitrary numbers out of thin air then it strikes me as being an 8/10, not a 10/10 as the internet seems to have decided on.  

Spoiler ridden post, so I'll put it in spoiler tags, but I've just completed mission 31.

Just when you thought it was over ay?

It's just a ducking brilliant game, the story is mental (when isn't it in MGS?), but the values and presentation are as good as any movie epic.

Can't wait to start chapter 2! :D)

Edited by lapal_fan

Way behind most of you guys due to holiday, family and work commitments but I've just unlocked Africa and am now rocking a silenced tranq sniper rifle (pink) and an M4 with a noob tube and a yellow paint job which would make Call of Duty players jealous.   Saddam  Skullface won't know what hit him. :ph34r:

Also: supreme open world AI jank. :D 

Â