Metal Gear Solid

villarule123

Both Quiet and D-Dog break the game in their own ways, but they're both exceptionally useful. Although Quiet does make some missions nearly auto-play if you approach it correctly.

Edited by Chindie

I saw she had silencers on some of her rifles but I don't think I have high enough R&D to develop them yet. 

Will my horn get bigger if I keep telling Quiet to kill people?

31 minutes ago, V01 said:

I saw she had silencers on some of her rifles but I don't think I have high enough R&D to develop them yet. 

Will my horn get bigger if I keep telling Quiet to kill people?

Depends on how much you get off on seeing a half naked chick take people out ;) But no, I don't think you get demon points for having Quiet take people out. Once you get a silencer on her and your tranq rifles then you'll be tranqing everyone in sight anyway.

Your previous question about combat deployment, the ones that get GMP and resource never get any quicker. I didn't use them at all (other than the one that is needed for a blueprint) once i unlocked FOBs as you can earn resource by infiltrating other players bases.

I've just started building Command Platform 4 on my 3rd FOB, fuel resource and minor metal cost is 310,000 each just for that single platform :o

• 2 weeks later...

after a few missions shouting at Quiet for being useless I realised you can order her around, I walk into outposts and immediately get Heroism points for capturing it. 

I was lots and lots of fun until I got to mission 25/26 and realised I over 560 of my 1400 staff speak Kikongo, I spent more time moving them to the new platform than I did in completing the next 2 missions. 

21 hours ago, V01 said:

after a few missions shouting at Quiet for being useless I realised you can order her around, I walk into outposts and immediately get Heroism points for capturing it. 

I was lots and lots of fun until I got to mission 25/26 and realised I over 560 of my 1400 staff speak Kikongo, I spent more time moving them to the new platform than I did in completing the next 2 missions. 

The staff sorting filter is useless for that part, i cannot believe how painful it is to do. I wish i had realised you could blast through the next few missions and saved myself some time too.

Waiting for the nipper to settle so I can do mission 31, seems like an ending of sorts.

I found an amusing way to extract truck drivers, wait until they get back in then one fulton takes care of the driver, his mate and the truck. My other amusing trick is to pile all the soldiers in the middle of the outpost with Quiet covering them and then shoot them with the water pistol.

Logged in today to find my PF tab flashing, I've won a defence or something, don't understand it at all, there are some fights underway too, looks like my numbers are higher than the other guys so hopefully I'll win more. 

• 1 month later...

Continuing my usual activity of picking up games long after everybody else has finished them, I'm now into MGS Phantom Pain. Thought I'd hold off giving my thoughts until I was further in to it, but now I am I can't say I'm that fussed about it. The official PS mag rates it as the best game on the PS4, but I don't get that. It just feels like a more hi tech version of Sniper Elite, ie sneak up to an area, tag all the bad guys, then dispatch them by various means. I like all the weird shit though, like the firey unicorn. Mental.

thats just the start IMO, i found that i then adapted it to how i wanted to play the game and then the magic came when the game evolved to counter how i was playing, didnt think a great deal of it until 10-15 hours in to it, its very rare i sneak anywhere on it

On 22/02/2016 at 21:48, V01 said:

Completed mission 46, feeling underwhelmed. Is that it?

That's it.. The game was released unfinished because Konami pulled funding and fired the director.. Act 2 and I'm assuming Act 3 which never happened was meant to wrap up an epic story for an epic game, in the end the game just ends and it's a shame. Solely the fault of the publisher as they tarnished the end of what is likely the last good Metal Gear Solid we'll ever get.

12 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

**** Konami for it. Absolutely **** them.

As has been said, should have been the epic end to an amazing series. In the end it's a rushed clichéd piece of poop.

It's a company in desperate need of a takeover and clear out, it's an absolute shambles. Not only in terms of Metal Gear Solid but also the cancellation of Silent Hills, and their all round sloppy work on the PES franchise - PES16 has very good game play but the over all product is a **** mess (default kit pallets, squads not being updated after the summer transfer window until like December, ridiculous player ratings and transfer system etc ).

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

About a quarter of the way though this now, Quiet is in the brig, but hasn't been available for missions yet.  When does she become available?  I'm just a bit stuck at the moment on the mission where I've rescued the scientist, but have to get to the escape helicopter while the huge robot thing is looking for you.  It's a pain in the arse.

On 3 February 2016 at 20:24, Chindie said:

Both Quiet and D-Dog break the game in their own ways, but they're both exceptionally useful. Although Quiet does make some missions nearly auto-play if you approach it correctly.

D-Dog makes everything very easy, and once you can customise sniper rifles with silencers every base is an absolute breeze.  Good fun though. So when does Quiet stop listening to cheesy 80s pop and start helping?

10 hours ago, Risso said:

D-Dog makes everything very easy, and once you can customise sniper rifles with silencers every base is an absolute breeze.  Good fun though. So when does Quiet stop listening to cheesy 80s pop and start helping?

IIRC, and I could be wrong here, she doesn't unlock until early in the Africa missions, and you might have to listen to her tapes and do a side mission relating to her as well. Probably best to just blitz through anything relating to her and also visit her in her cage a few times.

Â