Metal Gear Solid

villarule123

Finally got the story finished last night and overall, I enjoyed it. Not really much more to say that hasn't already been said about the games story issues (yes, the second half of the game is a bit of a mess) but the gameplay never got boring.

I suspected the final reveal for a while because of the numerous hints the game kept dropping. The part I really found interesting though was....

(Seriously, if you've not got the true ending yet, do not open this spoiler)

Huey. In typical video game fashion, he's the good guy scapegoated by a salty Miller for everything that's going wrong, suspected of being a spy, tortured and treated like shit and all the while vehemently protesting his innocence. Expecting a Kojima twist, I felt inclined to believe the guy. I found it such a wonderful moment when realising that Miller was in fact right all along and Huey really was a monstrous immoral piece of shit, a compulsive liar and responsible for bringing down MSF in cahoots with Cipher for his own personal gain. Killing his own wife, experimenting with his son, mutating the parasites to kill Diamond Dogs, aiding Eli. He did it all just so he could continue his projects and experiments and never owned up to it.

Characters "persecuted" the way he was usually turn out to be the tragic hero of the piece in video games. But Huey being the snake he was painted as? Loved it - it's just not something that happens much in video games I feel.

You can pretty much ignore most of the FOB stuff once it's done tutorialising it. It's useful developing the one the game gives you as it effectively means you've got 2 bases so can boost your staff and the level of each department accordingly. The rest of it is apparently fun but you don't need to touch it to finish the game in its entirety

I'm not done either. About mission 42 or somethingnow.

Having to go to through the older missions is a pain ????

You don't need to do any of the missions where you redo an older mission with a harder difficulty. Listen to cassettes and do some side ops and you'll have the new proper missions slowly unlock. Particularly do anything in yellow.

I didn't bother with the 'Subsistence' missions and still got the true ending, it just isn't clear about how to progress after mission 31.

• Like 1

Just finished chapter 1.. So chapter 2 is just older missions on a harder diffuculty? WTF is that all about. I wasn't expecting mission 31 to be the ending at all. 

Chapter 2 is basically an epilogue. You don't have to replay the old missions on harder difficulty. There are about 6 or 7 new missions and a bunch of cutscenes and cassettes that round out the story in chapter 2, the actual final mission being 46. Listen to all your tapes, particularly any in yellow, and go through side ops, and it'll slowly open up the remaining missions without you needing to touch the replay missions. You'll have lots of times where you finish a mission and Miller or Ocelot will demand you come back to base which opens up new story cutscenes which in turn open new missions.

She does it when she has a target in her crosshairs. You can find a cassette tape of her humming which steadies your aim when you listen to it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got to the part where I need to setup FOBs but I don't have any Playstation Network Friends to help me from getting attacked :( Would anyone like to be friends/allies on PSN specifically for this?

Â