Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

maqroll

It's like being attacked by a flock of seagulls while wearing a chip hat.

Some quality commentary during the slope style, really enjoyed that actually

Ed Leigh is brilliant as a commentator.  I still remember games gone past with his cries of "FRIEDENNNNN!!!!", "FRIEDEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN!".

http://youtu.be/IKmCCIjgY4E

It's like being attacked by a flock of seagulls while wearing a chip hat.

Some quality commentary during the slope style, really enjoyed that actually

Ed Leigh is brilliant as a commentator.  I still remember games gone past with his cries of "FRIEDENNNNN!!!!", "FRIEDEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN!".

http://youtu.be/IKmCCIjgY4E

I love this because that's what you get for being a show-off moron.

i dont think its that surprising, beijing would have had at least some infrastructure in place, i imagine socchi had next to none, so they would need a new airport, new motorways, then the venues, the village and hotels for journos fans etc, plus then what i didnt appreciate until i went to beijing to see the stadium, the area outside, must be a couple of square miles to create the olympic park

id also guess this is the 1st winter olympics that has built an open air stadium that wont be used for anything other than the ceremonies (it will be a WC venue)

I heard these were the most expensive Olympics ever. Now does that include the Summer Olympics too, or are they talking about the Winter Olympics only.

Brown envelopes don't fill themselves, or should that be suitcases, or vans. Probably vans. Vans of money.

Ole Einar Björndalen. 51st major-championship medal

Gold in his 6th olympic game, 5th in a row. He has a medal in half of his olympic starts apart from the first in Lillehammer 1994 :blink:

All of this in a individual sport rather that team-efforts (relays aside) in Biathlon.

He now has as many Olympic medals as Börn Dählie, tied best ever for winter athletes.

One of THE greatest sports-athletes ever. Amazing

And he's a bloody Norwegian

Edited by Tegis