Titanfall

villarule123

I'm not getting the hype for it really.

It's just that it's being marketed as the must have game for XBONE, and basically the major reason to buy, er, one. I dare say for the kids who love COD it looks great so I'm sure it'll sell well and shift alot of consoles.

• Like 1

sure id seen somewhere that the maximum multiplayer on the xbone is 6v6 with bots

Correct! 

Also, for the people saying it looks like COD, at least two of the Titanfall developers were involved at Infinity Ward, before MW3. There was a huge fall out within Infinity Ward after MW2 had been released and half of the team quit and started their own company. Respawn. That is partly the reason why Sledgehammer Games helped Infinity Ward out with MW3 and as a kind of reward for their work, Activision have put Treyarch on the naughty step for an extra year and allowed Sledgehammer Games to make the next COD that will release in November. Modern Warfare 4! (The game title is obviously unconfirmed at this stage but it probably will be called MW4)

Sorry, I went a bit off topic there! 

Anyway, you hear people saying that Titanfall will be the "COD killer" etc. 

It won't be!

sure id seen somewhere that the maximum multiplayer on the xbone is 6v6 with bots

Correct! 

Also, for the people saying it looks like COD, at least two of the Titanfall developers were involved at Infinity Ward, before MW3. There was a huge fall out within Infinity Ward after MW2 had been released and half of the team quit and started their own company. Respawn. That is partly the reason why Sledgehammer Games helped Infinity Ward out with MW3 and as a kind of reward for their work, Activision have put Treyarch on the naughty step for an extra year and allowed Sledgehammer Games to make the next COD that will release in November. Modern Warfare 4! (The game title is obviously unconfirmed at this stage but it probably will be called MW4)

Sorry, I went a bit off topic there! 

Anyway, you hear people saying that Titanfall will be the "COD killer" etc. 

It won't be!

Zero chance that Activision are not letting their best developers make the next game. Why would they give it to the people that are partly responsible for the dreadful MW3?

As for Titanfall, I don't expect much. I don't really get the whole appeal aside from 'holy shit we can fight robots' but that sounds more interesting in your head than it will actually play out.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the "bits and bobs" of the game look better than the actual game - if you catch my drift.

It looks very cool jumping around on walls and catapulting yourself into a suit, but the suit combat looks a bit boring and so did the run and gun combat.

It's presentation is really good - but I still don't think it'll be as much fun as it looks - particularly with only 8 vs 8 or whatever it is - the gaming community are past those numbers now - look at BF's and planetside/Dayz

Imagine 60 of those things flying around though, it would be stupid. It is all relative to map size and with the size of the mechs hit boxes will be much bigger too. I actually think the player count makes sense.

So... make the maps bigger? 

Have a fight in a broken down city, that you could add to the destruction?

If DICE got their hands on it, I'd be saying "it's gonna be brilliant", but they don't even mention map evolution, which to me, just means it's going to be boring.

Â