Titanfall

villarule123

Read a preview with gameplay from the beta - seems mostly positive. Unimpressive are the graphics and the art design (grey being the new brown), but the game play seems to work well. It is very much COD with robots, though, so if you liked COD you'll like it, and if not...well yeah, we couldve guessed that anyways I suppose.

I watched some twitch earlier - the guy wouldn't get in the mechs because he said being on foot and agile is way easier/stronger - he backed that up by destroying 5 mechs in about 7 minutes :lol:

So it's a COD game with elements of parkour and the option to look cool in a big metal suit but is ultimately suicidal? 

It takes longer to lock onto human targets and it takes more shots.the 0.5 seconds is for the bots targets.

Got a beta code today. I see people were buying them for 150 dollars last night. **** crazy, might put mine on there and see if i can get 30 or 40£. Signed up with 3 email addresses so i would get in eventually.

Anyone in on the beta yet? Interested in what you make of it. Lived up to expectations for me: it's dull, derivative, uninspired and stinking of 6 year old fsp. Was surprised to see so much screen tearing though on the xbo version

Titanfall is not the saviour people expected. It's a bit of craic though

Played a bit earlier on the Xbox, though it was good fun. Didn't notice any graphical problems but that stuff doesn't really bother me.

As you said it's not some new amazing game idea but it's a good casual shooter.

Played it on the PC for a few rounds. It's fun in a casual sort of way. But color me pretty unimpressed. Is everything going to keep running of the source, unreal, and ubisoft engines from now on? Graphics are very uninspired and while I do like the encouragement of non conventional movement (wall running and double jumping) it's certainly nothing that hasn't been done before or isn't a mesh of other shooters like Tribe and Quake or even Brink. Add to that the low time to kill and the no recoil and it's killed what little expectations I had.

Also HATE the grunt AI. Pointless filler.

I saw a comment and agree with it wholeheartedly. "This looks like a good game for fans of shooters who aren't good at shooters." They try to make things EPIC like calling the Titan down and the final escape, but its very much pandering to the bro-shooter crowd. Makes sense that websites like it as they're traditionally horrible at actually playing online.

Edited by Kwan

Had my first go on this today. Think it's shite TBH. First game I came top with 14kills and 7 deaths. In my first round I got to level 2, the lowest ranking in the lobby was 14 other than me. If you've ever played a COD game then you'll be good at this. It's way too fast paced too. I don't like that.

It's just so dull. Not the game changer it's made out to be, I pretty much agree with all the comments that Kwan has made. The AI is just useless, whats the point? The lack of recoil is just embarrassing. This is a game which requires no skill to play whatsoever. I'll be sticking with BF I think. 

It's bringing nothing new other than the ability to jump a bit higher. Wont be purchasing. I really hope Destiny or Halo5 are decent. 

Edited by PieFacE

I can see why you would think it's fun. It's kinda just chaos, which can be quite fun. It's just a bit of a brain dead shoot em up really. I dunno, it just didn't really feel like a step forward from COD for me in the same way BF was. 

All my hopes fall on Destiny.

I loved all of Bungie's Halo games, please be good!

Yup me too! Though, I really don't know what kind of game Destiny is going to be? Is it a MMO or is it a serious FPS game like Halos were? Guess this should go in the Destiny thread!

Edited by PieFacE

Â