Titanfall

villarule123

My main issue with this game is that it's really hard to stay alive for a period of time. Seem to get a couple of kills at most then someone will just shoot you in the back. My movement must just be terrible because people find me quite easily.

My main issue with this game is that it's really hard to stay alive for a period of time. Seem to get a couple of kills at most then someone will just shoot you in the back. My movement must just be terrible because people find me quite easily.

Try and get into the swing of using your cloak when you're travelling across the map. The key is movement, lots of it, or so it seems for me so far. You literally can't stay still apart from taking points in hardpoint. Another thing I've been trying to do is when I'm playing hardpoint, I go straight for the point that the opposition will take first. So, if I spawn near A, I go directly to C and pick up some easy kills. Often you'll find 'long' routes around the back of maps too, which are pretty quiet.

Try and get into the swing of using your cloak when you're travelling across the map. The key is movement, lots of it, or so it seems for me so far. You literally can't stay still apart from taking points in hardpoint. Another thing I've been trying to do is when I'm playing hardpoint, I go straight for the point that the opposition will take first. So, if I spawn near A, I go directly to C and pick up some easy kills. Often you'll find 'long' routes around the back of maps too, which are pretty quiet.
Start with the closest one to you then go straight to the one the enemy took first. In almost every case it'll be empty as their whole team goes for the middle one. You'll get the points for the 2 captures and some hardpoint holds that way

Then go straight back to the first one or stay where you are and pick off the stragglers that come back to secure it. Only a few will come back, so if you ordinance is the satchel charge you can usually firm up the entrances and cover any additional ones yourself.

Edited by P3te

Still really enjoying this game. Since Friday ive give it about 15 hours. I'm not sure what it has which makes it so much fun. But it's just awesome. I don't think I'll play it for as long as other games but the 15hours ive had outof it was worth £40. Looking forward to getting on it tonight

I'm not sure what it has which makes it so much fun.

It's a simple run and gun FPS game with some good mechanics and offers something different that's not really been on the market before. Straight from turning it on you can see it's an 'infinity ward/respawn' game. There's no real camping or sniping and players are rewarded for participating rather than just hiding in a corner making sure they get a good K/D ratio. I'm still undecided about the 6v6 player limit, I think more players would be better with a limit on the number of titan's in play at any one time (if necessary).   

Edited by villa89

• 3 weeks later...

I've been considering getting it as a changeup to what I currently play. Is it a decent shooter or, this is how how I feel from the videos I see, do the titans get in the way of it being a good FPS?

Â