Titanfall

villarule123

I can see why you would think it's fun. It's kinda just chaos, which can be quite fun. It's just a bit of a brain dead shoot em up really. I dunno, it just didn't really feel like a step forward from COD for me in the same way BF was. 

All my hopes fall on Destiny.

I loved all of Bungie's Halo games, please be good!

Yup me too! Though, I really don't know what kind of game Destiny is going to be? Is it a MMO or is it a serious FPS game like Halos were? Guess this should go in the Destiny thread!

it's a persistently online first person rpg

I can see why you would think it's fun. It's kinda just chaos, which can be quite fun. It's just a bit of a brain dead shoot em up really. I dunno, it just didn't really feel like a step forward from COD for me in the same way BF was.

All my hopes fall on Destiny.

I loved all of Bungie's Halo games, please be good!

Yup me too! Though, I really don't know what kind of game Destiny is going to be? Is it a MMO or is it a serious FPS game like Halos were? Guess this should go in the Destiny thread!
it's a persistently online first person rpg

That has piqued my interest. I haven't been following development, and assumed, wrongly, apparently, that it would just be bigger, reskinned Halo.

aesthetically it looks quite similar, but they're very, very different games. I'm slightly unsure about it, because it looks quite dull, but given the fact that the halo games were anything but, i dont think my fears are totally founded in truth

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a 'leak' via Reddit, which is blatently not a leak at all, but a desperate PR attempt to get people excited about the game. It gives details of all 15 maps, there's a couple of yellow ones, a couple of green ones, blue ones, grey ones, shock horror some even mix the colour palette up a little bit - is that even allowed?

You can view pics of all of them online all over the place now, but it's not really that that piqued my interest, but the monsters, inparticularly this;

iurna0q.jpg

ITC - 'Impossibily Tall Creature' - from The Mist + the Cloverfield monster. Pretty cool! I like monsters.

Watching someone play it last night, seems like a total mess of a game. Won't be anywhere near the level of COD/BF.

Dunno, when I played it it was just like COD with an added dynamic in the way you move. Didn't feel any more of a mess than COD does, just frantic faced paced shoot em up.

Generally people who are playing it are loving it, it's getting great reviews too. Could actually be a decent game!

Yeah, the review I read was very sincere and not possibly 'paid for', basically painted it as exactly what you would expect from next gen COD with robots - ie, it does exactly what it should, and does it very well. There are some issues, apparently the co-op campaign is a dog and there aren't enough varied game modes, but the review over all is very positive. It's a shame really that the reviews are going to be viewed with such cynicism, as it isn't the devs fault at all, but entirely down to MS.

Honestly, from the Beta and now the Twitch streams I've seen of the full game, it really takes me back to when I loved FPS games like Quake III and Unreal Tournament 2004. Very fast paced but not in an annoying way like COD has become and as I have said before, the wall jumping and stuff REALLY reminds me of UT.

even the likes of gamespot, who IMO have a history of marking games down almost on purpose in order to get attention, have given it a 9

probably got some tacked on because its this gens first big game, but that's hardly their fault, it is this gens first console seller, first huge new IP, so it will be hyped, it will look and should play better than 9/10 other games, but the gameplay is being positively reviewed too, doesnt float my boat but its not surprising to see it do well

will be interesting to see how infamous SS does now

It looks fun but way too much like COD, and as a BF fan I don't think I will be getting it for the PC. It's probably a great game for the COD fans though.

Destiny is what all my hopes are pinned on, they're already adverting it 6 months ahead of release, I really hope it delivers.

Â