Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

After everything Lambert did for that club I think it is so sad that they're acting like children.

No offence Son of Wiz but from a business perspective it only makes sense to sell a 31 year old who isn't getting any game time, any normal club would do it.

I hope the fans aren't going to turn on Wes for wanting the move either, you can't really blame him considering his current position in the squad.

While I kind of agree, I'd imagine that statement would be met with the same kind of reaction that you'd see on here if Sunderland fans said the same about Oneill.

There's no comparison between what Lambert did at Norwich and what MON did at Villa. No comparison at all.

• Like 1

^ Well probably not for the price range and experience.

Lambert knows him well and probably thinks he will fit in better than anybody else we could go for, which matches the transfer criteria.

Edited by Jay.P.A

Surely this isn't the only attacking midfield player we could get.

This! Would rather we just moved on and left them paying his wages, seems a dime a dozen AM to me surely lambert must have other options

A dime a dozen? Go on then name, decent AM with premier league experience fairly cheap and would likely come..

People seem to say it's petty but look at it from Norwich's side. At the moment they have a back up player they know has the experience to do a job if called upon / injuries occur. We've come along as he's the "cheap" choice and people are saying they'd then have money to buy someone if they accepted but if we can't find someone else what chance do they have of getting a replacement in?

I want him to sign on but can completely see why Norwich are being the way they are

People seem to say it's petty but look at it from Norwich's side. At the moment they have a back up player they know has the experience to do a job if called upon / injuries occur. We've come along as he's the "cheap" choice and people are saying they'd then have money to buy someone if they accepted but if we can't find someone else what chance do they have of getting a replacement in?

I want him to sign on but can completely see why Norwich are being the way they are

A lot of the reports say they'd let him to other clubs that aren't villa, that's the petty part.

All of this bad blood does no one at Norwich any good.  It actually is bad for their current management team as well as it says that they are still bitter Lambert left them and ergo they still want him as their manager,  they are not satisfied with what they have now

Maybe they just don't want to sell?

To us.  If someone like Fulham,  Newcastle,  Stoke,  Cardiff,  WBA etc etc etc  put in a bid of around 1.5M they'd sell him of that I have no doubt at all.  It is us they have the issue with and it is because they are still sore we took Paul from them.  

I'm pretty sure we would not sell him for £1.5m to anyone else but its also correct to say we do not want to sell to Villa/Lambert if we can help it. Lambert/Villa manufactured his departure from us and then tried to avoid us getting the rightful compensation. Most clubs would be sore. Its no coincidence that Lambert falls out with every club he leaves/walks out on because he is a ruthless individual who is only ultimately concerned with his own career. That's fine, we knew that, benefitted from it for a while and ultimately should not have been surprised that he walked out on us in the same way he did Colchester. That's not to say though that we are not entitled to be disappointed or indeed that we should go about making his life easier now he's your manager by selling him any players he fancies when we don't need to sell them.

2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_

Nick Mashiter tweeted earlier that he knows who WH was offered to and it doesn't sound very inspiring.

Nick Mashiter ‏@nmashiter_star

Know who several of the clubs Hoolahan was offered to and they aren't huge. So such a determined pursuit draws a wry smile. #avfc

Nick Mashiter ‏@nmashiter_star

Have to smile as Hoolahan was one of the first players Lambert tried to sell at #ncfc - offered around to clubs at a knockdown fee. #avfc

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

This! Would rather we just moved on and left them paying his wages, seems a dime a dozen AM to me surely lambert must have other options

A dime a dozen? Go on then name, decent AM with premier league experience fairly cheap and would likely come..

Doesn't seem too far fetched to suggest there will be plenty of attacking midfielders around the world that could do a job for us on a par with a 31 year old player who cant even get into the Norwich side to be honest, i'm not the one with a scouting network.

Doesn't seem too far fetched to suggest there will be plenty of attacking midfielders around the world that could do a job for us on a par with a 31 year old player who cant even get into the Norwich side to be honest, i'm not the one with a scouting network.

Name 3 of them then.

Â