Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

I hope we play many of the fringe players for this. We should be able to win even with them in.

Steer

Lowton Donacien Baker Luna

Gardner Sylla

Graham Helenius Tonev

Benteke

I'd keep with Benteke as he could do with a goal or two to help build up his momentum and this is as good a chance as any for him to get it.

Agree with this entirely

------------- Guzan -------------

Lowton - Donacian - Clark - Luna

Albrighton - Bacuna - Gardner - Tonev

-------- Helenius - Bowery ----------

Apart from Lowton and Clark, all others I feel need either a confidence boost or a shot in the starting lineup.

I know Bowery won't be a popular choice but he hasn't had much of a chance so far and if he's good enough to be on the bench most games he deserves a start.

Bacuna is progressing well in midfield and I think he needs to be played as much as possible to bring his attacking game on.

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

It may not be in the spirit of the FA Cup, but I hope we play with marginal players. No point in risiking anyone on the first team.

Steer in goal, obviously.

Bennett if he's back to fitness (how long has he been having back problems now?)

Donacian should get a game.

Gardner should be availabe. Albrighton could do with some more match fitness.

Helenius and Bowery.

And then fill up the rest with reserveplayers, U21 and U19 if must be.

I think we should go fairly strong with the hope of having a positive home win with a mix of players who need either need an opportunity to shine, those needing a confidence boost and those needing either match fitness or simply to hit a scoring run such as Gabby (3 in 3 would be great) so I hope we go 4-3-3 as follows;

Guzan

Lowton Clark Donacien Luna

Bacuna Gardner Tonev

Gabby Benteke Helenius

Then bring on the likes of Weimann, Graham, Kozak with an hour gone assuming we are coasting by then!

Prediction 3-0 Villa!

I think we should go fairly strong with the hope of having a positive home win with a mix of players who need either need an opportunity to shine, those needing a confidence boost and those needing either match fitness or simply to hit a scoring run such as Gabby (3 in 3 would be great) so I hope we go 4-3-3 as follows;

Guzan

Bacuna Gardner Tonev

Gabby Benteke Helenius

Then bring on the likes of Weimann, Graham, Kozak with an hour gone assuming we are coasting by then!

Prediction 3-0 Villa!

Guzan

Bacuna Gardner Tonev

Gabby Benteke Helenius

Prediction 3-0 Villa!

Guzan

Bacuna Gardner Tonev

Gabby Benteke Helenius

Prediction 3-0 Villa!

You can say that again! :P:D

fef414807684a9e439a62f8adc0841a0.png

Benteke needs games. Albrighton & KEA were rested for Sunderland and Clark got an unwanted rest. Plus it's an ideal opportunity to give the likes of Gardner, Helenius, Steer & Donacien a run-out. Bacuna needs a rest and I don't think we'll drop Delph. We still need his energy in the middle and he's also not long back from an enforced rest.

• Like 2

If he looked tired then yeah, rest him up. Only thing is they will get a full week between this and the next league game so I'd only drop the ones who are knackered.  We still want to progress and for me Delph is very important to that.

I'd go for..

--------------Steer

-----Donacien---Clark

Lowton-------------------Luna/-

-------Delph--Westwood

-----------Gardner

Graham-----------------Helenius

--------------Benteke

I'd go for this, except I'd play Kozak instead of Benteke. As he's only just come back from injury, I think 2 games in 4 games might be too much.

I'd possibly bring him on for the last 10/15 minutes, just to get his fitness up.

Whatever team Lambert picks, I definately want to see Helenius and Gardner!

Edited by Rob182

A lot of my mates are Sheffield United fans so this has a bit of extra bite for me. 

Same here. I'll never hear the end of it if we lose. 

I'm liking BOF's team selection.