2014 VT Deadpool. This time with rules!

The_Rev

Welcome to first place  :)

LEADERBOARD:

Mister_a 150 (Eli Wallach, Tony Benn)

Maqroll 133 (Lauren Bacall, Ariel Sharon)

Zatman 133 (Alfredo di Stefano, Ariel Sharon)

Bickster 100 (Ian Paisley)

Rodders 100 (Fred Phelps)

TheBoyAngel 100 (Eli Wallach, Mickey Rooney)

Thunderpower_14 100 (Gough Whitlam)

Richard 50 (Mickey Rooney)

Jon 33 (Ariel Sharon)

• Like 2

aww man gutted Jack Bruce is dead

and here he is with Rory Gallagher, I always thought Ginger Baker would be the first to go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DXk--eL5-kQ

Edited by leemond2008

This really upset me too - a seminal musician I associated with my youth. First saw him with The Graham Bond Organisation in 1965 at  a club called The Whiskey a GoGo on the corner of Navigation Street; he played a Fender 6 six string bass (Ginger Baker on drums). First saw Cream on one of their first gigs at Willenhall Baths (!!) ; support band were called 'Listen' featuring someone called Robert Plant on vocals. Then saw Cream at The Adelphi in West Brom - they turned up at about 02.00 - (FAO Mr Mooney - went to that gig with Dave Ball). Final time I saw them was at The Swan , Yardley (now demolished ?) Each time they were brilliant; quite complicated numbers and arrangements - no 12 bar knock offs here. They played a number called 'I'm So Glad' which included part of the 1812 overture - Bruce's bass line was stunning.

Was he the best ever British bass player? Matter of opinion I guess but don't think we will see his like again.

Leemond - Ginger Baker will live forever .... he was a racing cyclist in his youth :)

It's between him and Entwistle. Jack had the jazz chops, so probably edges it.

I don't know mooney, I've always gone for Entwistle, I would never argue someone who says Bruce but my personal opinion is the ox
The Ox was a great rock player, as was Jack. Bruce had the power and dexterity to handle the heavy rock stuff, but I don't think Entwistle would have had the jazz knowledge and subtlety to do some of Jack's more sophisticated material. No matter, I loved 'em both.

Â