Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

We're unlikely to be relegated this season given our league position and the form of some of the worse teams in the league, so what exactly would be gained by sacking the manager halfway through the season? Bringing in a new manager probably increases the risk we'd be relegated (if he turns out to be a disaster), and the upside is we potentially finish...8th, maybe, if he does a good job?

Lambert's confidence seems as shot as the players at the moment.

If he isn't backed financially this transfer window, then bringing in a new manager and not backing them financially either is only ever going to be a short term solution at best.  

I agree with this, he does look like a man who is struggling.

Yup, he could definitely do with a hand this month to get a couple of players in. I understand the reactions after the run of losing 4 on the bounce and being so poor second half today,

However, it was worse last season and with only the addition of Sylla we turned it around from a horrible league position and possible the worst run over xmas we have ever had.

I happily and proudly support Lambert. I also laugh at the complete over reaction by the press and some fans.

I hope Lambert has a grin on his face in the post match interview and takes the piss as well.

We almost deserve to go down with 'fans' like you.

How is the guy who supports the manager (and clearly the team) not a fan? Fans have a right to complain, but if they don't exercise it then they're not real fans? That's a new one to me.

True, because any 'fan' saying

I hope Lambert has a grin on his face in the post match interview and takes the piss as well.

is quite CLEARLY a Villa supporter

• Like 3

I'm gonna get drunk, just like the players are probably doing right now. If Lamburke ain't going to get sacked or walk, then please for the love of god Randy Lerner, give him some serious cash. Not just £1.5 million.

Give him MORE money to waste?

Oh dear Lambert. Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

• Like 3

One bad performance typified by players extremely low on confidence. On a different day could have one that game. But poor finishing and a poor start helps no team out.

What planet you been on for last 18 months? Have you seen our home games? It took us near 70 mins just to register a shot on target.

• Like 1

Presumably he doesn't care because the game wasn't important.

His comments were taken out of context.

Already had one "friend" on Facebook say " well done blades! Glad to see disrespect for the greatest cup competition in the world hasn't gone unpunished"

The press have done their job well.

Even if Lambert does go, do you really think funds will be there to spend? Lerner will keep the manager, we are a budget team and he wants to keep it that way.

Change the record! Losing at home to a League One side is nothing to do with funding.

Answer the question, rather than creating a strawman. DK didn't even mention today's result.

It is just an irrelevant point. If he cannot manage victories at home against League One opposition with his strongest team, then the issue runs deeper then him working under a restricted budget. Agree?

There is no excuse for the lack of shots on target today. Money is not an excuse.

There's FAR more to the problem than shots on target. The commentator said on numerous occasions we had lots of the ball but couldn't do anything with it

• Like 1

Usual lot out. Bored of this forum now. Really, an FA Cup loss means little in the context of the season. One bad performance typified by players extremely low on confidence. On a different day could have one that game. But poor finishing and a poor start helps no team out.

Calling for the sack is a typical reactionary response. Disappointed by the result? Sure. But the hyperbole is trite and tedious.

I would normally be on your side, but 

1) It isn't 'one' bad performance.

2) Regardless of confidence and wages, a PL team should be at least having shots and dominating the game. From the sounds of it we did neither.

3) The tactics were completely shite.

There is little to suggest an overreaction here tbh.

Yes when you look at the home performances overall this season this is no surprise and Lambert is hoping for things to change rather than trying to make things happen. For instance only one sub today when clearly we were being outplayed. The FA Cup may not mean a lot to some people but it was our only chance of silverware.

Doesn't matter if PL is here or not. We aren't going anywhere for a while due to our budget constraints. I don't blame PL. I don't particularly blame RL as he has kept us financially sound and somewhat sellable to prospective buyers. Its the climate of modern football that is too blame. 

I'm bored of it to the point of apathy. I saw the FT result today, sighed a little, giggled as I shook my head then carried on with things.

Such as it should be most fans of stuck in the middle football clubs I suppose.

There is no excuse for the lack of shots on target today. Money is not an excuse.

If you are building a squad for 40m, you are not going to get the best players out there.

Against a team that cost 20p, you can expect a bit more.

• Like 2

We're unlikely to be relegated this season given our league position and the form of some of the worse teams in the league, so what exactly would be gained by sacking the manager halfway through the season? Bringing in a new manager probably increases the risk we'd be relegated (if he turns out to be a disaster), and the upside is we potentially finish...8th, maybe, if he does a good job?

but can we trust Lambert to take this project or 5-yearplan forward? Im not sure I would. We could bring in someone else during next week and let that manager try to continue and make the "project" better.

• Like 1

Don't give the guy any more money except for Hoolahan. Sign Hoolahan cos we need the experience, let Lambert keep us up (which I'm pretty sure he will), sack him and give a new, quality manager with a good reputation a ton of cash to spend.

But that won't happen. So I don't know what to suggest. **** Villa.

Don't give the guy any more money except for Hoolahan. Sign Hoolahan cos we need the experience, let Lambert keep us up (which I'm pretty sure he will), sack him and give a new, quality manager with a good reputation a ton of cash to spend.

But that won't happen. So I don't know what to suggest. **** Villa.

Actually no, he needs more money. If Hoolahan is our only signing this window I will be worried.

I happily and proudly support Lambert. I also laugh at the complete over reaction by the press and some fans.

We almost deserve to go down with 'fans' like you.

How is the guy who supports the manager (and clearly the team) not a fan? Fans have a right to complain, but if they don't exercise it then they're not real fans? That's a new one to me.

True, because any 'fan' saying

is quite CLEARLY a Villa supporter

Because the over reaction is ludicrous and I find it laughable.

If there is any game you can lose and just smile, shrug and move on it is a cup game. You always get to play next year.

We move on and focus on transfers and the league.

If you are building a squad for 40m, you are not going to get the best players out there.

Against a team that cost 20p, you can expect a bit more.

This is a very valid point.