Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Ever thought about taking up dancing you have a nice sidestep. 

I am still here. We won the game, what else did you want from the game?

Your initial point was about not being lucky in certain games, I asked you a question that related to that point.

I am obviously happy with the win but it masked a world of problems and I cant ever remember a more undeserving win.

:rolleyes: Okay we were lucky. We displayed no quality or effort to win that game, it was simply luck. My initial point was about posters having a pop when we were winning games.

I still look into my crystal ball and think in 18 months' time we will be thankful Lambert is still at the club. This is another really painful step backwards though and I can see why people are really upset. Yesterday's result was inexcusable and we have to improve in January, please Randy back your man, I know it will involve donating another £10m but this is the time for a lift. A top 8-10 place is still on the cards, Lambert just needs some help now the fans are really starting to get agitated.

only 6 points away from 9th i think?

So say Randy is totally to blame does that give Lambert immunity from the sack even though he is tactically lost, players look lost devoid of any confidence and signings are either being ignored, played in several positions or used in such a way they cant get used to PL football.

I'm not against sacking him but with our current owner and plan to save money until a sale what are we expecting a new manager to realistically do?

Mid table entertaining football.

I think it would be a miracle if Lerner could find and persuade a manager good enough to deliver that with current restraints.

We weren't far off midtable last year and aren't far off it this year playing bloody awful and with a poor manager. We have midtable wages and £20m in the transfer window, was that around midtable?

I believe what most people mean when they criticize the way Villa played in some games we've won is that overall the performances are a much better long term indication than a couple of results going our way. It's great Lambert has managed to win a couple of games having 20% possession and 3 chances but that will not be sustainable - good play, good tactics and inspired performances are what would indicate a better future, not freak results here and there.

It is all subjective. A win is a win, if you cannot enjoy your team winning a game what can you enjoy about football? It is a real shame to put down our victories this season.

Needless to say, after that Southampton win it's not a big surprise they've proceded to lose a few games having in mind our play hasn't improved and a lot of people on this board predicted this slide, yet got a lot of grief for their opinions. 

You guys were right all along, well done. Go and gloat about us losing matches.

Having slept on yesterday's result I don't think we should sack Lambert. Bringing somebody in now will make no difference IMO. It's unfortunate that the level of quality that Lambert has been able to bring in with the number of positions and limited budget he's had to deal with, so I still stick with my original opinion that our problems still predominately lie with Lerner. Yes some tactical problems, yes some basic errors but a lot of the problems are lack of quality we have in the team and that's because Lerner has restricted Lambert's spending ability. You can argue that he's had a fair chunk of money to spend but in comparison to the number of positions he's had to fill it was very small and given the level of quality for those prices it's not surprising there are a few duds

• Like 1

BJ10 - There's not much point is there, you'd argue black to be white. I was expressing an opinion held by many about the general atmosphere in this forum.

It wasn't a general opinion though as you named specific posters.

Your initial point was about not being lucky in certain games, I asked you a question that related to that point.

I am obviously happy with the win but it masked a world of problems and I cant ever remember a more undeserving win.

:rolleyes: Okay we were lucky. We displayed no quality or effort to win that game, it was simply luck. My initial point was about posters having a pop when we were winning games.

We rode our luck against Man City and Arsenal too, I dont see why you cant see or admit it. Even against Sunderland when they missed from a yard out.

Are we a better side than last year with money spent and the answer is no.

Tell me what is it about Paul Lambert that makes you think he's good.

So say Randy is totally to blame does that give Lambert immunity from the sack even though he is tactically lost, players look lost devoid of any confidence and signings are either being ignored, played in several positions or used in such a way they cant get used to PL football.

I'm not against sacking him but with our current owner and plan to save money until a sale what are we expecting a new manager to realistically do?
Mid table entertaining football.
I think it would be a miracle if Lerner could find and persuade a manager good enough to deliver that with current restraints.

We weren't far off midtable last year and aren't far off it this year playing bloody awful and with a poor manager. We have midtable wages and £20m in the transfer window, was that around midtable?

Do we have a midtable wage? All new signings are on less than £15,000 a week according to HH

We rode our luck against Man City and Arsenal too, I dont see why you cant see or admit it. Even against Sunderland when they missed from a yard out.

I think we're a better side defensively, at least until Vlaar got injured. That's why we aren't in the bottom three like we were last year. I think Lambert has the squad in a position in that if he was given money to spend he could go for quality rather than quantity, and thus a lot of his other signings would make more sense and our general play would improve. The crucial thing is how much money will he get vs how much money a new manager would get, and who would use it better. I would still back Lambert over almost any replacement manager we could attract.

Yes he has to go along with the coaches Karsa and Culverhouse. The players look totally unmotivated, there are no coherent tactics or game plan. We have a squad whilst short on quality they are Pro footballers and a proper manager would get so much more from them.

The change can't come quickly enough.

If you think our victories were down to sheer luck and we displayed nothing to attain those wins then you are either deluded or cynical. If you cannot enjoy and appreciate victories then I openly question why you support my team, it is mad. We never had any bad luck go against us I suppose?

Look at the money we did spend and where the players came from. They are all prospects that need time to improve and adjust to this difficult league, it was never going to be instant success and to expect that is unfair.

I think he deserves the time to sort this out and has proven in the past capable of doing so. Why should PL not get time to rectify results and performances? 

I would still back Lambert over almost any replacement manager we could attract.

You have no idea who we could or couldn't attract, its all guess work though the betting running for the Baggies job wasn't exactly void of quality.

This is for another thread but Lowton etc on 25k plus.

Lowton is on less than £10k, as are most of the PL signings

Once Lambert is spending proper money on proper players all bets are off and I'll criticise him with the rest - but until that time I'm continuing to support him as no-one has yet provided a viable alternative

• Like 2

Yes he has to go along with the coaches Karsa and Culverhouse. The players look totally unmotivated, there are no coherent tactics or game plan. We have a squad whilst short on quality they are Pro footballers and a proper manager would get so much more from them.

The change can't come quickly enough.

Who do you have in mind who would realistically come in to the financial situation as it is now??

Great question Houlston lets get it answered.

"Tell me what it is about Lambert that makes you think he's good"??

Dismantled a major ineffective and overpaid squad of players

Rebuilt a young squad of talent from a very limited budget

Got wages under control

Avoided relegation while doing this in one season

Kept Benteke when vultures were circulating

Second season is 13th(could been 10th if a victory yesterday which despite the display could've happened with a bit of luck) despite Benteke and Vlaar missing for large portions of the season and for some unknown reason a couple of key players like Weimann completely out of form

No money in January to spend from rumours

Still look like this season we are likely to be better placed in the league from last season

Yes you can argue bad parts to him but the above is not bad in the pro column.

• Like 2