Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Look, unless there's another manager that can keep us up with this squad we need to keep Lambert until the end of the end of the season. Otherwise I think our best chance I'd survival is keeping him where he is. He knows the squad and players and although right now I'm doubting he can progress us, I think he can keep us up before stepping aside.

He might know the squad and players but he doesn't have a clue what to do with them or how to set them up and get even half a performance out of them. If he did we wouldn't be talking about this.

I just cant see how this rot is going to end, we don't look like scoring or winning a game v anyone at the moment.

How can people defend the manager after today? His team, his tactics, his decisions. We are so poor now and can't even break down the worst teams in the league. Apart from the Benteke signing there are few positives I can take from Lambert's reign so far.

To save face, in some cases I'd imagine.

• Like 1

Like the manager think he will do a great job for us. My opinion, won't call anyone deluded for having a different opinion than me

And what about the job he's currently doing?

it's a project john, no one said it would be done within 18 months we're in the middle of a transition here. If it was so easy as to be done within 18 months then you or I could be a premier manager

Answer the question.

Are you happy with the job he's doing NOW? After bringing in several players in the summer, where is the progress? Are you happy with three games at home without a home goal? 

One of the worst projects in the history of projects.  18 months??

What's saving Lambert imo is that the alternatives are so uninspiring right now. And you know with the board's track record they'd appoint one of them. That would be Martin Jol who produced an awful Fulham team in the end, Steve Clarke which would have the feeling of another McLeish type appointment and shortly Malky Macky who in reality hasn't achieved much more than Lambert and Cardiff were incredibly negative at VP considering our home form.

IMO our next appointment has to be from abroad. But that's the sort of appointment you ideally make during the close season. Imagine for a second we could tempt someone like Marcelo Bielsa who I think is out of work, that would get the whole of football talking. I loved that Bilbao side he produced two seasons back.

Fat chance with this board. 

• Like 1

I would go for the Basel manager Murat Yakin as some managers would love manage in prem.. he has brought some great players and youngsters through in last few years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murat_Yakin

Yakin is brother of (Hakin Yakin, old swiss striker) Murat was a defender... he has brought on Valentin Stocker, Fabian Schär, Mohamed Salah, Yann Sommer etc and has beaten Chelsea and Spurs this season!!! he might see coming to prem a challenge and is only 39..

Lambert out. It's that simple. Our team is weak because he's signed players not good enough. Money or no money they are not good enough. He's made us weaker

Yes but why did he sign players that weren't good enough? Because they were cheap. Why did he sign cheap players? Because he doesn't have the funds to create a team he truly wants, only a team he can afford.

Lambert out. It's that simple. Our team is weak because he's signed players not good enough. Money or no money they are not good enough. He's made us weaker

Yes but why did he sign players that weren't good enough? Because they were cheap. Why did he sign cheap players? Because he doesn't have the funds to create a team he truly wants, only a team he can afford.

No because he chose to spend his budget this summer on a bunch of squad-fillers rather then attempting to improve the starting-eleven.

PL wont be sacked,its simple to work out...

PL is working on a tight budget from RL,hes been asked to cut some wood with a blunt blade.

IF RL pushed the button he would have to back his new manager which he REALLY does not want to do.

We need a manager from abroad. At least they are tactically aware and most know when to make a chang. We have always said if the football is entertaining we don't mind losing the odd game, but again at the moment the football has gone back to being dull and boring. How Lambert has the balls to play like that at Villa park today was just insanity

Can he do nothing with this team. If its not working make a change early. My thought is he was happy with the play, I mean Bowery ain't gonna get you a winning goal is he???

The same team he got playing football last season, passing the ball, creating chances.

Changed to hoof ball, bought in Kozak when we needed creativity, spent money on Tonev, Helenius, one is useless and the other hasn't even seen a blade of grass for months.

No because he chose to spend his budget this summer on a bunch of squad-fillers rather then attempting to improve the starting-eleven.

That's true as well but starting 11 players have more quality and in general cost more. It's really difficult at the moment because there are so many problems you can't really pinpoint one. Im not disagreeing with you. Just saying theres a lot of shit going on.

• Like 1

He didn't take the job thinking that he would sign players that were crap. He knew there were restrictions but he agreed to them. He wasn't forced into taking the job either. He gets little sympathy from me on that part. The fact is we lack desire and belief, regardless of ability. Those 2 things the manager of the club should have control over irrespective of available funds.

• Like 3

The £7 million on Kozak would have been better spent elsewhere. Along with that of Tonev and Helenius. Wages are probably an issue, but most of Lambert's business in the transfer market is proving to be poor.

It was €4.4m according to hh, less than half the figure you've quoted