13 Hull                    35       -9      37
14 West Ham         36       -11    37
15 West Brom        35      -12     36
16 Aston Villa         35      -17     35
17 Norwich            36      -32     32
18 Fulham              36      -42     31
19 Cardiff               35      -34     30
20 Sunderland       34       -24    29

Sunderland & Fulham look like the big dangers but I wouldn't rule out any of the sides picking up unexpected points.

From our point of view the bottom line is win against Hull City and we are safe. I have been dejected with Villa all season again but I'm going to Villa Park positive and getting behind the boys. Much like QPR last season this is a key game. The stewards enquiry can begin when (if) we are safe! 

Edited by villanwesty88
  • Like 1

Lambert couldn't motivate a starving man to eat a cheeseburger

If it were me i'd put Cowans in charge

A club legend at the helm for one home "cup" game the atmosphere would be supercharged as all the fans would be behind him 

Lambert has lost the fans anyway and all i predict at our next home game if he's in charge is nerves and if we concede the atmosphere really could get nasty

I hate this shit, put x legend in there put y legend in there. Sid has been training and coaching for 2 weeks and 2 games and it's still **** shit!

Out of all the managers sacked because of relegation worry this season only ONE has actually prevented it, in Pulis.

A draw tomorrow would be perfect...

Lambert couldn't motivate a starving man to eat a cheeseburger

If it were me i'd put Cowans in charge

A club legend at the helm for one home "cup" game the atmosphere would be supercharged as all the fans would be behind him

Lambert has lost the fans anyway and all i predict at our next home game if he's in charge is nerves and if we concede the atmosphere really could get nasty

I hate this shit, put x legend in there put y legend in there. Sid has been training and coaching for 2 weeks and 2 games and it's still **** shit!

Out of all the managers sacked because of relegation worry this season only ONE has actually prevented it, in Pulis.

Shearer was a Newcastle legend, and he couldn't save them. Being a legend doesn't mean you are a good manager or motivator.

We got really lucky with those two late Hull goals today, IMO similar to Spurs scoring twice from 2 down at Wigan last season which denied them two points and saved us.

Even if we don't get a single more point this season, Fulham need to win their last two to finish above us (I don't see them winning at Stoke), Norwich need 4 points from Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. Given they were demolished by Man. United I really don't see that happening.

We need a Sunderland win tomorrow. If they do then Cardiff need to win their last two to finish above us.

Overall we should still stay up but this is through none of our own doing, more the ineptness of others. What a sorry state of affairs this football club is nowadays.

• Like 2

Now this is how its looking simplified! Even Lambert would understand!

#Norwich need to get 4 points from:

Chelsea (Away)
Arsenal (Home)

Fulham need to get 5 points from:
Stoke (Away)
Palace (Home)

Cardiff need to get 6 points from:
Sunderland (Away)
Newcastle (Away)
Chelsea (Home)

Sunderland need to get 7 points from:
Cardiff (Home)
Man United (Away)
Baggies (Home)
Swansea (Home)

We got really lucky with those two late Hull goals today, IMO similar to Spurs scoring twice from 2 down at Wigan last season which denied them two points and saved us.

Even if we don't get a single more point this season, Fulham need to win their last two to finish above us (I don't see them winning at Stoke), Norwich need 4 points from Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. Given they were demolished by Man. United I really don't see that happening.

We need a Sunderland win tomorrow. If they do then Cardiff need to win their last two to finish above us.

Overall we should still stay up but this is through none of our own doing, more the ineptness of others. What a sorry state of affairs this football club is nowadays.

I have to disagree. I think Sunderland have better fixtures. If they beat Cardiff you could see them beating Albion and Swansea which would mean they may finish above us. Sunderland v Cardiff the result we want is a draw or a Cardiff win - Cardiff with the tougher remaining fixtures. 

• Like 1

If Sunderland and Cardiff draw surelt that would be better cause Cardiff would still need to win their 2 remaining games and it would also keep Sunderland down there?

• Like 2

I have to disagree. I think Sunderland have better fixtures. If they beat Cardiff you could see them beating Albion and Swansea which would mean they may finish above us. Sunderland v Cardiff the result we want is a draw or a Cardiff win - Cardiff with the tougher remaining fixtures. 

I think Sunderland are going to finish above us tbh which is a shocking state of affairs. Their GD is the closest of those down by us and I can see them beating Cardiff, WBA who are safe now and getting at least a point v Swansea so 36 points and we'll be hammered at City and Spurs.

Them winning means Cardiff would need to win Newcastle away and Chelsea home to finish above us, really can't see it.

I think Sunderland are going to finish above us tbh which is a shocking state of affairs. Their GD is the closest of those down by us and I can see them beating Cardiff, WBA who are safe now and getting at least a point v Swansea so 36 points and we'll be hammered at City and Spurs.

Them winning means Cardiff would need to win Newcastle away and Chelsea home to finish above us, really can't see it.

Yes, but if they draw it increases the chances that BOTH Cardiff and Sunderland finish below us which is exactly what we need

• Like 1

Not long got back (and still wet through) from Swansea.

Tbh I haven't got the energy anymore to have an opinion on our club - too much needs doing, there is no quick fix and until the whole ethos of the Villa changes we're papering over the deep cracks that everyone is a part of

• Like 2

I think we may well have the points to stay up by the skin of our teeth already and another point would give us safety. But strange things  happen on the last day of the season and I really would not want to be going to Spurs looking for other teams to do the job for us that we were unable to do. 

People think we're going to beat Hull? Really??? I mean I expect Hull to score 1 maybe 2 and not sure where our goals are coming from.

I think we'll scrape a bore draw like against Southampton.