Weekends football 14/15 December

andykeenan

Thanks so £115, not bad at all

NFL has a large away fan following. People will make a weekend of it though because of the distance involved. 

Fly Friday night, see the city Saturday, go to the game on Sunday and fly back that night kind of thing.

Giving it a month's notice I could get from NY to Chicago return for $130 (SkyScanner).

Using the skyscannerapp I get return tickets in January from Friday to Sunday for £110, without looking at the exchange rate id guess that's about $190?

Thanks so £115, not bad at all

It's not just £115 though, I mean you need to pay for transport from the airport to the stadium (imagine landing at Heathrow and then having to make your way to Upton Park?) and the whole timescale of things mean you probably can't be there and back in a day so then it's more money for a hotel, an evening meal and so on.  In England there aren't many examples of an away game which you could't get down to the price of a ticket, petrol and parking. 

Giving it a month's notice I could get from NY to Chicago return for $130 (SkyScanner).

Using the skyscannerapp I get return tickets in January from Friday to Sunday for £110, without looking at the exchange rate id guess that's about $190?
And using the Oanda currency converter app that means $179.50.

https://vine.co/v/h2DXPO3LUWp

haha, absolutely love the way how Arsenal crumbled today  :D loss, Koscielny's injury, Wilshere gesture and now this...

Nothing to see here as others mentioned earlier in the thread.

Time machine

Away travel in the US is virtually non existent I'm told

Do you mean for Soccer or for all of the US sports ? There are massive away followings. Especially in the NFL and college football. I have been to a fair few sporting events in the US and all had away followings present 

Â